Watch Out for Those Adult-Oriented Personal Finance Web Sites
- Even Executives Face Drug, Personality Testing. Bates, Steve // HR Magazine;Jul2003, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p14
Presents the result of a survey conducted by the Management Recruiters International Inc. on the administration of tests for illegal drug use and screening for personality traits among executives. Use of personality assessments as part of the process of screening candidates; Views of some...
- Drive Hard, But Be Flexible. Laabs, Jennifer // Workforce;Jul99, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p27
Interviews Roger Branch, vice-president of human resources at Management Recruiters International Inc. His leadership style; His biggest leadership challenge; How he deals with time problem.
- HR update. Leonard, Bill // HR Magazine;Jan1999, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p20
Presents updates on human resource (HR) developments in the United States as of January 1999. Survey on corporate attire by the Management Recruiters International; Planned wage increase in 1999; Percentage of HR professionals who have taken up a master's degree in business administration.
- Marketing Briefs. // Marketing News;3/16/1984, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on a survey by Management Recruiters International, which revealed that employment opportunities for middle managers in the U.S. has started picking up in mid-1983 and will continue until 1984. Executives respondents of the study said that they will increase hiring of...
- IT's alive. Feingold, Jeff // New Hampshire Business Review;8/24/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p3
Presents the results of a survey conducted by Management Recruiters International regarding the plans of companies in New Hampshire for their information technology (IT) department in 2001.
- HR is fostering a long-hours culture, CIPD research finds. Brockett, James // People Management;9/20/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p12
The article offers information on research from CIPD which suggests that HR professionals are consistently working longer hours than is reflected in their contracts. According to the CIPD Personal Rewards survey in conjunction with Croner Reward, while most HR staff are contracted to work...
- Clocking on to extra value. // Works Management;Feb2001, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p56
Explores the advantages of automated time and attendance (T&A) systems in Great Britain. Failure of companies to exploit potentials of T&A systems; Uses of the DCS job recording system; Facilitation of daily performance analysis; Change in the attitude to shopfloor technology; Improvement in...
- Web bank robbers poised to pounce. Ward, Mark // New Scientist;02/22/97, Vol. 153 Issue 2070, p4
Reports that computer hackers in Germany have found a way to steal money from bank clients using the Internet financial management program Quicken. Hackers as the Chaos Computer Club; Use of a program that is hidden in a World Wide Web page and which copies itself into the computer of surfers...
- Comparative Evaluation of Spoofing Defenses. Mirkovic, Jelena; Kissel, Ezra // IEEE Transactions on Dependable & Secure Computing;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p218
IP spoofing exacerbates many security threats, and reducing it would greatly enhance Internet security. Seven defenses that filter spoofed traffic have been proposed to date; three are designed for end-network deployment, while four assume some collaboration with core routers for packet marking...