Looking a Gift Client in the Mouth
- Link between Oral and General Health. // Oral Health (0974-3960);Mar2016, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p22
The article discusses the association between oral health or periodontal disease and general health.
- Dental health tied to CHD. // Clinical Advisor;Jun2014, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p26
No abstract available.
- Toothbrushing, inflammation, and risk of cardiovascular disease: results from Scottish Health Survey. de Oliveira, Cesar; Watt, Richard; Hamer, Mark // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;6/26/2010, Vol. 340 Issue 7761, p1400
The article focuses on a study which analyzed the association of periodontal disease with the risk of cardiovascular disease. The study used a total of 11869 men and women participants with the mean age of 50.0 in Scotland. It was found that participants who brushed their teeth less often had an...
- Poor Oral Health May Affect More Than Teeth and Gums. // Cleveland Clinic Men's Health Advisor;Aug2014, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p3
The article focuses on the associated cardiovascular risk and risk factors of periodontal disease. Periodontist Sasha Ross of Cleveland. Ohio discusses the link of periodontal disease with other systemic diseases and mentions the need for attention and treatment. Also mentioned is the practice...
- Periodontal disease and coronary heart disease. // British Dental Journal;10/14/2006, Vol. 201 Issue 8, p493
The article focuses on the potential risk of coronary heart disease due to periodontal diseases. A study finds out that a higher incidence of coronary heart disease is observed in patients below 60 years of age with alveolar bone loss . It was likely that periodontal bacteria invade the arterial...
- The Mouth-Body Connection. Erickson, Lea E. // Generations;Fall2016, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p25
The ability to be free of pain, to speak, chew, and taste food, and to smile without embarrassment is key to quality of life. Oral health maintenance and periodontal interventions may reduce risks of diabetes, and cardiovascular and pulmonary disease. Salivary flow is compromised by many...
- Periodontal disease and poor health outcomes. Galgut, Peter N. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;6/26/2010, Vol. 340 Issue 7761, p1371
The author reflects on the association of periodontal disease with systemic diseases such as rheumatic fever, rheumatoid arthritis and diabetes. He notes a survey of C. de Oliveira and colleagues, which emphasized the association of poor oral hygiene with a higher risk of cardiovascular disease...
- Dieta no cariogÃ©nica y salud bucodental en comunidades con marginaciÃ³n y pobreza en MÃ©xico. Martínez-Menchaca, Héctor R.; Treviño-Alanís, Ma. Guadalupe; Rivera-Silva, Gerardo // Salud PÃºblica de MÃ©xico;sep/oct2012, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p460
No abstract available.
- EFFECT OF VISUAL IMPAIRMENT EDUCATION ON THE IMPROVEMENT OF ORAL HYGIENE AND REDUCTION OF PERIODONTITIS PREVALENCE. KADKHODA, Z.; REZAEI, A.; AMIRI, A. // International Journal of Medical Dentistry;Apr-Jun2014, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p81
Background: The present investigation is motivated by the fact that the incidence of visual impairment is increasing all over the world. Blind people may encounter specific problems in plaque control, leading to a higher risk of periodontal disorders. Objectives: To evidence the effect of...