- CFP Board showdown: More fizzle than fire. // Financial Planning;Sep98, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p22
Provides information on a debate on the United States Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board's practice standards at the Institute of Certified Financial Planners (ICFP) national conference in San Diego in July 1998. Participants of the conference; Issues tackled at the meeting; Information on...
- White Noise. Lee, Shelley A. // Journal of Financial Planning;May2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p64
The article presents views of financial planners whether fees or commissions is harming the financial planning profession. According to Dick Wagner, a veteran financial planner, there is a certain intellectual, even mathematical, truth to the argument that fees may cost a client more over the...
- TEN YEARS AGO AT THE INSTITUTE. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1997, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p15
Presents a retrospective of the significant events involving the Institute of Certified Financial Planners in 1986. Research project des
- Simplify your finances. Ostermiller, Marilyn // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;May97, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p72
Reports on the recommendation of the Institute of Certified Financial Planners regarding consolidation of similar types of investment to better handle financial burdens.
- Our Past is Our Future. Walker, Lewis J. // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct98, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p46
Opinion. Comments on the Institute of Certified Financial Planners (ICFP). Reasons the Institute was founded; Theme of the Institute's 1998 Certified Financial Planners Annual Conference which was held in San Diego, California during July; Legacy of the ICFP as described in the ideas and...
- Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards launches site. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Sep96, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p115
Reports on the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards' World Wide Web site.
- ICFP BRIEFS. // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p10
Presents update on the Institute of Certified Financial Planners (ICFP) as of April 1999. Agreement between the ICFP and the International Association for Financial Planning (IAFP); Highlights of the Wealth Management Symposium II; Technical comments submitted by the ICFP to the United States...
- Planning Merger Dependent On ICFP Vote. Murray, Christian // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/17/99, Vol. 103 Issue 20, p3
Deals with the issue surrounding the merger of the International Association of Financial Planners (IAFP) and the Institute of Certified Finacial Planners (ACFP). Reason for the proposed merger of the IAFP and the ICFP; Information on the voting process for the merger; Fears and apprehension...
- You want become a financial planner? // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);05/07/99, Vol. 46 Issue 19, p13B
Offers tips to individuals planning to become a professional financial advisor. Opportunities in the sector, as cited by Business Week Online; Institute of Certified Financial Planners' offering of information about obtaining certification at its Web site.