Tempest Brews Over Al Jazeera English
- 'NATIONAL SUICIDE' VS. 'SMEAR CAMPAIGN' // Multichannel News;5/7/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p58
The article presents quotes from notable people commenting on the move of Buckeye CableSystem to add Al Jazeera English in its offering in the U.S. Allan Block of Block Communications claims that criticism against the television network is intended as a smear campaign. Nigel Parsons of Al...
- Bridge to Mideast goes through Vt. Triplett, William // Variety;7/28/2008, Vol. 411 Issue 10, p4
The article analyzes the cable television market in Burlington, Vermont where the Al Jareera English (AJE) cable station was dropped from the market's cable carrier Burlington Telecom after a discussion was waged over whether the station should be retained. Burlington's mayor Bob Kiss set up two...
- Al-Jazeera's Spring. Gustin, Sam // Time;11/7/2011, Vol. 178 Issue 18, pB6
The article discusses the television network Al Jazeera English (AJE). Managing director Al Anstey's campaign to have AJE carried by U.S. cable providers has resulted in agreements to broadcast AJE in both New York City and Chicago, Illinois. U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has praised...
- Al Jazeera Is the Best Thing to Happen to Journalism -- Unless It Isn't. Dickey, Christopher // Newsweek Global;5/22/2013, Vol. 161 Issue 19, p1
The article focuses on the cable television industry company Al Jazeera. The company's purchase of the U.S. cable television network Current TV in January 2013 and its plan to introduce Al Jazeera America, a cable television news network for the U.S, are examined. Al Jazeera's financing by Qatar...
- ABC News, WGAE Battle Over BlackBerrys. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/16/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 24, p5
The article offers developments in broadcasting and cable industry in the U.S. ABC News and the Writers Guild of America East (WGAE) are in conflict when the writers were forced to surrender their BlackBerry handheld devices. Fox Licensing & Merchandising launched the Fox Entertainment Rewards...
- Cords fraying but cablers are coping. // Daily Variety;8/8/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the decline of the subscription in the cable television (TV) industry.
- ANGA: European Pulse. Hendrickson, Ron // Communications Technology;Jul2008, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p39
The article reviews the exhibition "ANGA Cable Show" in Cologne, Germany on May 27-29, 2008.
- Honoring the Past, Looking Ahead. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p28
An advertising supplement reviewing the Cable Center in Denver, Colorado is presented.
- Broadcasting and Cable. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/2014, Vol. 143 Issue 38, p24
The article reports that broadcasters and cable operators are opposing the issue of retransmission consent.