Either Surgery or Nonoperative Treatment Led to Improvement in Intervertebral Disc Herniation
- Spinal decisions made easier. // Men's Health;Dec97, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p140
Provides information on microendoscopic diskectomy procedure, a procedure that repairs herniated disks. Remarks of physicians on the advantage of the procedure.
- When You Have a Herniated Disc. // American Family Physician;2/1/1999, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p587
Provides information on herniated disc. Clinical description of herniated disc; Causes; Symptoms; Treatment.
- Ace your spinal exam. // Men's Health;Oct97, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p44
Offers tips on how to spot a herniated disk. Causes of herniated disks; Preventive measure.
- Systematic review of microendoscopic discectomy for lumbar disc herniation. Smith, Nick; Masters, James; Jensen, Cyrus; Khan, Almas; Sprowson, Andrew // European Spine Journal;Nov2013, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p2458
Study design: Systematic review. Objective: To search and analyse randomised controlled trials (RCTs) published since the Cochrane review by Gibson and Waddell (2007) comparing microendoscopic discectomy (MED) with open discectomy (OD) or microdiscectomy (MD) and to assess whether MED improves...
- Espaciador interespinoso. Aplicaciones en la hernia discal lumbar de origen degenerativo. Arrotegui, Ignacio // Acta Ortopedica Mexicana;may/jun2010, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p187
No abstract available.
- Long-term outcome after anterior cervical discectomy without fusion. Nandoe Tewarie, Rishi D. S.; Bartels, Ronald H. M. A.; Peul, Wilco C. // European Spine Journal;Sep2007, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p1411
To retrospectively study the long-term outcome of patients after anterior cervical discectomy without fusion (ACD) compared to results published on the long-term outcome after ACD with fusion (ACDF). We reviewed the charts of all patients receiving ACD surgery between 1985 and 2000 to analyze...
- Q/Does surgery relieve the pain of a herniated disc? Sorensen, Betsey; Hulkower, Stephen; Stigleman, Sue // Journal of Family Practice;Apr2010, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p228
The article provides an answer to a question if a surgery can relieve the pain of a herniated disc.
- Slipped Disc. Shridhar, Amit // Woman's Era;Apr2014, Vol. 40 Issue 968, p87
The article offers information on prolapsed disc with regards to the causes, symptoms, and treatment methods. It states that prolapsed disc which is a health condition that affects the spine wherein a tear in the intervertebral disc enables the nucleus pulposus to bulge out. The symptoms of...
- Classification of the Pathoanatomy and Symptomatology of Lumbar Intervertebral Disc Disease Part 1: Disc Herniation. Lisi, Anthony J.; Cooperstein, Robert // Journal of the American Chiropractic Association;Mar2004, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p40
Discusses the classification of the pathoanatomy and symptomatology of lumber intervertebral disc herniation. Difference between herniated disc protrusion and extrusion; Relationship between lumbar disc herniation and low back pain; Controversy surrounding the safety and effectiveness of...