Interlocking Telescopic Rod for Patients with Osteogenesis Imperfecta
- Reply to osteogenesis imperfecta calls for caution. Horwitz, Edwin M.; Prockop, Darwin J.; Fitzpatrick, Lorraine A.; Koo, Winston W.K.; Marx, Jeffrey C.; Brenner, Malcolm K. // Nature Medicine;May99, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p466
Presents a reply to a letter on osteogenesis imperfecta. Engraftment of marrow-derived mesenchymal cells in the bones of children; Osteocyte arrangement with the formation of lamelalr bones.
- Osteogenesis imperfecta calls for caution-second letter. Bishop, N.J. // Nature Medicine;May99, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p466
Presents a reply to a letter on osteogenesis imperfecta (OI). Use of osteoblast replacement to treat OI; Parental mosaicism in OI.
- Osteogenesis imperfecta calls for caution-first letter. Marini, Joan C. // Nature Medicine;May99, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p466
Presents a reply to a letter on osteogenesis imperfecta (OI). Engraftment of mesenchymal cells from donor marrow; Fragmentation of pre-treatment biopsies.
- Osteogenesis imperfecta. Palacios, Enrique; Valvassori, Galdino // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Apr2000, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p232
Presents information on osteogenesis imperfecta, an inherited connective tissue disorder. Symptoms of the disease; Differences between osteogenesis imperfecta and cochlear otosclerosis.
- CRTAP mutations in lethal and severe osteogenesis imperfecta: the importance of combining biochemical and molecular genetic analysis. Van Dijk, Fleur S.; Nesbitt, Isabel M.; Nikkels, Peter G. J.; Dalton, Ann; Bongers, Ernie M. H. F.; van de Kamp, Jiddeke M.; Hilhorst-Hofstee, Yvonne; Den Hollander, Nicolette S.; Lachmeijer, Augusta M. A.; Marcelis, Carlo L.; Tan-Sindhunata, Gita M. B.; van Rijn, Rick R.; Meijers-Heijboer, Hanne; Cobben, Jan M.; Pals, Gerard // European Journal of Human Genetics;Dec2009, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p1692
A correction to the article "CRTAP Mutations in lethal and severe osteogenesis imperfecta: The importance of combining biochemical and molecular genetic analysis," published in the June 24, 2009 issue is presented.
- Salvage of a hip following pathological fracture through a large aneurysmal bone cyst: a case report. XU JUN; ZHANG CHANG-QING // Hip International;Apr-Jun2009, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p148
a young lady aged 20 presented to us in 2004 with a pathological fracture of the left femoral neck through a large aneurysmal bone cyst. Instead of total hip arthroplasty, we performed one-stage reconstruction surgery combining internal fixation and free vascularized fibular grafting. at 4 years...
- Sporadic osteogenesis imperfecta type V in an 11-year-old Japanese girl. Fujino, Takashi; Morii, Takeshi; Tajima, Takashi; Honya, Keita; Horita, Ayako; Mochizuki, Kazuo; Satomi, Kazuhiko; Fujioka, Yasunori // Journal of Orthopaedic Science;Jul2010, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p589
No abstract available.
- Osteogenesis Imperfecta. Brusin, Joyce Helena // Radiologic Technology;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p535
The article provides information about osteogenesis imperfecta (OI), a disease whose name implies imperfect birth of bone. It explores the genetic origins of OI, its clinical signs which include skeletal malformations and short stature, and the appearance of the disease under a general...
- Phenotypic characterization of skeletal abnormalities of Osteopotentia mutant mice by micro-CT: a descriptive approach with emphasis on reconstruction techniques. Roemer, Frank; Mohr, Andreas; Guermazi, Ali; Jiang, Yebin; Schlechtweg, Philipp; Genant, Harry; Sohaskey, Michael; Roemer, Frank W; Genant, Harry K; Sohaskey, Michael L // Skeletal Radiology;Aug2011, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p1073
Purpose:The novel protein osteopotentia (Opt) has recently been described as an essential regulator of postnatal osteoblast maturation and might possibly be responsible for some of the rarer types of osteogenesis imperfecta. Our aim was the evaluation of micro CT for the...