Inhibition of the PI3K-Akt Signaling Pathway Reduces Tumor Necrosis Factor-Î± Production in Response to Titanium Particles in Vitro
- TNF polymorphisms modify endotoxin exposure-associated longitudinal lung function decline. Hongxi Zhang; Jingqing Hang; Xiaorong Wang; Wei Zhou; Bixiong Sun; Helian Dai; Li Su; Christiani, David C. // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;Jun2007, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p409
Objectives: Endotoxin exposure induces airway inflammation, hyper-resporisiveness and higher expression of tumour necrosis factor (TNF). This study was conducted to investigate whether TNF polymorphisms modify the effect of endotoxin exposure on chronic declines in lung function. Methods:...
- A single intraperitoneal injection of endotoxin in rats induces long-lasting modifications in behavior and brain protein levels of TNF-Î± and IL-18. Boss—, Paola; Cutuli, Debora; Palladino, Ilaria; Caporali, Paola; Angelucci, Francesco; Laricchiuta, Daniela; Gelfo, Francesca; De Bartolo, Paola; Caltagirone, Carlo; Petrosini, Laura // Journal of Neuroinflammation;2012, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p101
Background: Systemic inflammation might cause neuronal damage and sustain neurodegenerative diseases and behavior impairment, with the participation of pro-inflammatory cytokines, like tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-Î± and interleukin (IL)-18. However, the potential contribution of these...
- Proinflammatory Mediators of Toxic Shock and Their Correlation to Lethality. Krakauer, Teresa; Buckley, Marilyn J.; Fisher, Diana // Mediators of Inflammation;2010, Vol. 2010, p1
Bacterial exotoxins and endotoxins both stimulate proinflammatory mediators but the contribution of each individual toxin in the release of mediators causing lethal shock is incompletely understood. This study examines the cytokine response and lethality of mice exposed to varying doses of...
- Protection against a lethal dose of endotoxin by an inhibitor of tumour necrosis factor processing. Mohler, Kendall M.; Sleath, Paul R. // Nature;7/21/1994, Vol. 370 Issue 6486, p218
Describes a potent inhibitor of tumor necrosis factor processing and analyzes its ability to protect mice from a lethal dose of endotoxin. Biological activities of forms of tumor necrosis factor and lymphotoxin-alpha; Determination of tumor necrosis factor's mechanistic class; Metalloprotease...
- The three As of joint replacement can address failed total knee arthroplasty. Rapp, Susan M. // Orthopedics Today;Sep2009, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p12
The article presents information on three joint reconstruction approaches for addressing failed total knee arthroplasty.
- Arthroplasty in the Treatment of Subcapital Hip Fracture. // Orthopedics;Mar2003, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p342
A quiz concerning arthroplasty in the treatment of subcapital hip fracture is presented.
- Identifying pathology of failed UKA during exam and surgery aids conversion to TKA. Rapp, Susan M. // Orthopedics Today;Nov2009, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p12
This article discusses research being done on unicompartmental knee arthroplasty (UKA) conversion to total knee arthroplasty (TKA).
- Implant positioning, soft tissue balancing can help avoid post-TSA instability. Brockenbrough, Gina // Orthopedics Today;Nov2009, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p18
This article discusses research being done on instability following arthroplasty.
- PERSPECTIVE. Malkani, Arthur L. // Orthopedics Today;Apr2011, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p22
The author discusses the findings of a study that compared the effectiveness of simultaneous bilateral total knee arthroplasty (B-TKA) with staged-bilateral-knee arthroplasty.