Dedifferentiated Chondrosarcomas Arising in Preexisting Osteochondromas
- An unusual presentation of chondrosarcoma of the clavicle with Homer's syndrome. Kapoor, V.; Sudheer, V.; Waseem, M.; Cole, A. S.; Weeden, D. F. // Sarcoma;Jun-Sep2004, Vol. 8 Issue 2/3, p87
The article reports a case of symptomatic chondrosarcoma of the medial end of the clavicle resulting in path and Homer's syndrome. This is the first reported case in the literature of Homer's syndrome secondary to a clavicular tumour. Osteochondroma, a frequent benign tumour of the bone, is in...
- An Iliac Mass in a 25-Year-Old Woman. Parkin, Brian; Bennett, Jonathan C.; Zaher, Aiman // Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine;Aug2003, Vol. 127 Issue 8, pe355
Presents a pathologic case study of osteochondroma in a young woman with an iliac mass. Clinical history of the patient; Results of physical and laboratory examinations performed on the patient; Information on the illness.
- osteochondroma. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1654
A definition of the term "osteochondroma," which refers to a tumor with cartilaginous and bony substance, is presented.
- Establishment and Characterization of a Continuous Human Chondrosarcoma Cell Line, ch-2879: Comparative Histologic and Genetic Studies with Its Tumor of Origin. Gil-Benso, Rosario; Lopez-Gines, Concha; Antonio, José; López-Guerrero; Carda, Carmen; Callaghan, Robert C.; Navarro, Samuel; Ferrer, Jaime; Pellín, Antonio; Llombart-Bosch, Antonio // Laboratory Investigation (00236837);Jun2003, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p877
Chondrosarcomas are malignant cartilage-forming tumors that represent the second most common malignant solid tumor of bone. These biologically poorly understood neoplasms vary considerably in clinical presentation and biologic behavior. Chemotherapy and radiation therapy are generally...
- Dedifferentiated peripheral chondrosarcoma: a clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical, and molecular analysis of four cases. Franchi, Alessandro; Baroni, Gianna; Sardi, Iacopo; Giunti, Laura; Capanna, Rodolfo; Campanacci, Domenico // Virchows Archiv;Mar2012, Vol. 460 Issue 3, p335
Peripheral dedifferentiated chondrosarcoma (DCS) is an exceedingly rare aggressive surface bone neoplasm in which a high-grade sarcoma arises within an osteochondroma. Four such examples were identified in our files, representing 11.1% of all DCS treated at our hospital in the years 1995-2010,...
- Nora's lesion of the thumb and a differential diagnosis. Cigna, Emanuele; Tarallo, Mauro; Sorvillo, Valentina; Romeo, Salvatore; Scuderi, Nicolò // European Journal of Plastic Surgery;May2011, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p215
In this paper, we report a rare case of a solitary osteochondromatous tumour on the volar tip of the thumb of a 47-year-old woman. An X-ray examination showed a heavily calcific mass close to the bone and an alteration of the bone, next to the lesion. A wide-margin biopsy was performed on this...
- Osteochondroma of foramen magnum: a case report. Lotfinia, Iraj; Vahedi, Payman; Gavame, Mostafa; Vahedi, Amir // Tehran University Medical Journal;Jan2011, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p624
Background: Osteochondroma is a common tumor of the skeletal bone and is a common benign tumor of the bone constitutes 10-15% of all and 20-50% of the benign bone tumors. The lesion is an exophytic bony protrusion covered by a cartilaginous cap. It is most commonly found in long bones, and...
- Solitary Sessile Osteochondroma of Scapula, A Rare Case Report. YASHAVANTHA KUMAR, C.; SHERVEGAR, SATISH; GADI, DAKSH; RAHUL, P. // Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research;Mar2014, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p174
Osteochondromas are the most common benign tumours of bone. These are most commonly seen on the metaphysis of a long bone, but they can arise from any bone which is preformed from cartilage. To best of our knowledge, very few cases of osteochondroma scapula have been reported in literature. We...
- Frecuencia de neoplasias Ã³seas en adolescentes y adultos jÃ³venes. Estrada-Villaseñor, Eréndira; Cedillo, Ernesto Andrés Delgado; Martínez, Genaro Rico // Acta Ortopedica Mexicana;sep/oct2008, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p316
No abstract available.