Giving Discovery a Break.com
- Site of the week. Tedesco, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;03/15/99, Vol. 129 Issue 11, p71
Features Discovery Networks' Web site. Features of the Web site; Highlights; Access information.
- NEWS OF THE MARKET. // MediaWeek;11/15/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p28
Presents news briefs on the mass media in the U.S. as of November 15, 2004. Purpose of Time Warner Cable's decision to rename its systems' advertising sales units; Increase in magazine advertising pages and revenue in October; Information on several sections launched by Discovery.com on its...
- Int'l ups Discovery revs. // Daily Variety;8/1/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 22, p5
The article reports on the increase of profit and sales of Discovery Communications LLC for the second quarter (Q2) of 2012.
- For my video to go viral, do I focus on production investment, distribution or seeding? Smith, Philip // Marketing (00253650);7/11/2012, p21
The author provides an answer to a question regarding how to create a successful viral advertisement online.
- Bits. // Adweek Eastern Edition;12/1/1997, Vol. 38 Issue 48, p48
Presents several news about the advertising companies. Aims of Discovery Networks for hiring Magnet Interactive Communications; Expansion made by LinkExchange company; Purpose of Think New Ideas for redesigning their Web site.
- Profitable Q2 for Discovery; U.S. ads up. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;8/5/2009, Vol. 410 Issue 47, p9
The article reports that Discovery Communications LLC has posted a profit of 183 million dollars for the second-quarter of 2009, including a 46 million dollars tax gain from the partial sale of Discovery Kids, compared with 43 million dollars during the year-ago period. It informs that...
- Discovery - an excellent growth share. de Lange, Lucas // Finweek;3/22/2007, p86
The article reports on the marketing development of Discovery in South Africa. It is said that the company's operating profit in the six months to December 2007 shot up by 49%, which resulted in a 29% increase in the diluted headline earnings per share. Moreover, it is pointed out that...
- Discovery thrives amid 'headwinds'. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;5/5/2009, Vol. 409 Issue 33, p7
The article presents information on the financial performance of Discovery Communications LLC. Discovery posted better-than-expected first-quarter financials as it grew advertising revenue despite the recession. Discovery's first-quarter profit multiplied to $119 million, compared with $34...
- THE BUY SIDE. Seno, Alexandra A. // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);12/20/2004 Special Issue (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 144, p80
Focuses on the Chinese company TLC Corp., which makes electronics. Efforts of the company to create a global presence; How TLC has been leveraging its profits and market-leader position at home to either buy or partner with Western brands; History of the company; Competition within China in the...