Life Safety Time in Boston
- NFPA 3: Commissioning fire protection systems. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;May2011, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p21
The article reports on the review document National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 3, Recommended Practice on Commissioning and Integrated Testing of Fire Protection and Life Safety Systems. It states that the review was presented at the NFPA Conference and Expo Technical Meeting in Boston,...
- LARRY'S SAFETY CLINIC. Kotkowski, Larry // Equipment Echoes;Summer2010, Issue 97, p2
The article offers information on the proper maintenance of fire extinguishers as it is an important safety requirement in the working area or a shop.
- New Hampshire Employs Electronically Monitored Fire Extinguishers. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2009, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p16
The article reports on the installation of 46 electronically monitored fire extinguishers at the New Hampshire State House in Concord, New Hampshire. It notes that the state house is the first in the U.S. to install the technology which was donated at a value of more than $20,000. It mentions...
- Threat of harm is not limited to high-risk industries; all employees can take preventive steps. Olsen, Jaclyn // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;Jul2002, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p11
Provides safety steps for business enterprises in the U.S. Placement of fire extinguishers near the door; Benefits of ergonomics for the firms; Importance of preparedness for the employees.
- The humble Fire Extinguisher – Hero in our midst. // Management Services;Jul2003, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p6
This article reports that a survey of more than 2,000 businesses in Great Britain has revealed that the fire extinguisher is now responsible for extinguishing more fires than the Fire Brigade. This comes at a time when the cost of the fire service is under ever more scrutiny following the...
- IKEA Cardiff protected by Apollo detectors. // Fire Safety Engineering;Jul2004, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p32
An Apollo-based intelligent fire detection system has been specified and installed to protect IKEA Cardiff, the latest venture by the Swedish retail chain in Great Britain. The fire detection system incorporates in excess of 1500 Apollo XP95 devices and was designed, installed and commissioned...
- TRUSTY COMPANION. Todd, Colin // Fire Safety Engineering;Nov2008, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p25
The article offers information on the provision BS 5839-1 which is considered as one of the best selling of British Standards published by the British Standards Institution (BSI) in Great Britain. Accordingly, the code of practice was produced before the introduction of the modern addressable...
- Preventative fire protection. // Detail (English Edition);Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 2010 Issue 1, p95
The article evaluates several fire prevention systems used in doors including the TZ 320 door central unit and the lock solution IQ Lock EL DL from the company GEZE.
- Air Sense for All Saints. // Fire Safety Engineering;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p38
The article reports on the installation of three Stratos-High Sensitivity aspiring Smoke Detection (HSSD) system at All Saints Church in West Dulwich, London. Stratos-HSSD from AirSens Technology Inc. has been fitted to the church by Technical Alarm Systems, since the church has suffered a...