Securing the Supply Chain - Prevent Cargo Theft
- Get security into your corporate: DNA. Trunick, Perry A. // Logistics Today;Feb2006, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p27
The article advises logistics and supply chain executives in the United States on the importance of security management. Security management prevents cargo theft, cargo losses, delays and violations of hazardous materials transportation. Managers should be knowledgeable about the Container...
- SUPPORTING APICS CPIM WITH A DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION. // MHD Supply Chain Solutions;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p73
A description of a distance learning option being offered by the Australasian Production and Inventory Control Society Ltd. (apicsAU) under the APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM).
- Motoring ahead. // Supply Management;Nov2013, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p24
The article presents answers of a question regarding problems in inventory management.
- Actions speak louder ... // Food Manufacture;Jul2010, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p20
In this article the author discusses the need to change the monitoring of stocks to be able to accurately determine the supplies in the supply chain in Great Britain.
- Security and the Global Supply Chain. Sarathy, Ravi // Transportation Journal (American Society of Transportation & Log;Fall2006, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p28
This article suggests ways to secure the global supply chain from security threats. The goal is design multiple layers of security in advance rather than attempting to deal with the consequences afterwards. Developing multiple redundant levels of security can help to avoid disruptions regardless...
- A Resource For The Year Ahead. Trebilcock, Bob // Supply Chain Management Review;Dec2014, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses articles within the issue on topics including the prospects for global growth of supply chain in 2015, inventory and transportation management, and guide to services, products, and educational opportunities for supply chain professionals.
- Lax security is a crime. Putzger, Ian // Canadian Transportation & Logistics;Feb2010, Vol. 113 Issue 1, p20
The article discusses the importance of Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA), an industry body formed by shippers of high-value products from the electronic sector, standard compliance to combat cargo theft. According to Bob Imbriani, vice president of corporate development of...
- Achieving supply chain visibility. Brammer, Josh // Manufacturers' Monthly;Oct2008, p25
The article discusses the approaches on how to improve the visibility of supply chain technology in manufacturing processes. Companies must understand the context and content of their activities to develop various outcome metrics. The process involves detection and automation of exception...
- Best practice: Maximizing automatic resupply efforts. Kaczmarek, David // Healthcare Purchasing News;Sep2007, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p76
The article deals with an automatic resupply system in a hospital. It reveals that almost all supply chains now incorporate some form of automatic resupply of storeroom items for nursing units. It also notes that the easiest way to expand the program is to incorporate non-storeroom items into...