Controlling Outsourcing Risk
- CIO Success in the Services Era. Desmond, John P. // Software Magazine;Sep99, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p62
Focuses on the adoption of outsourcing services by chief information officers (CIO). Reasons for using an outsource provider; Imperatives for CIO success suggested by Wendell Jones of Compaq Computer Corp.; Overview of the 1999 Outsourcing Trends Report from the Outsourcing Research Council. ...
- Who would have thought??? // Hospitality Upgrade;Autumn2009, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the publisher discusses an article on outsourcing, the Chief Information Officer (CIO) Summit, and selling in a less than robust economy.
- Executives prefer on-site consultants over outsourced workers. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/11/96, Vol. 35 Issue 46, p25
Provides information on the trend among chief information officers of using on-site supplemental consulting staff instead of project outsourcing in which an outside team is managed by a third party. Benefits perceived from the use of on-site supplemental consulting staff.
- Why can't CIOs and CSOs get along? Garretson, Cara // Network World;9/17/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 36, p40
Information about the discussion on why chief information officers (CIOs) and chief strategy officers (CSOs) cannot get along which was held at the Security Standard conference in Chicago, Illinois in September 2007 is presented. The conference aired some universal objections that the executives...
- should critical infrastructure jobs stay at home? Hammerly, J.D. // Electric Light & Power;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p26
Asserts that projects affecting U.S. national security are not good candidates for offshoring. Concerns expressed by the National Infrastructure Protection Center; Job losses in information technology and service industries due to offshoring; Possibility of compromising the company's...
- Sizing up service levels. Lewis, Bob // InfoWorld;06/04/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p64
Discusses various issues important to information technology (IT) managers. Who wins when one company acquires another; Reasons for acquisitions; Difference between managing a chief information officer and managing an outsourcing contract; Why chief executive officers sign major outsourcing...
- IT Outsourcing Deals Gone Bad. Martin, Steve // CIO Insight;7/31/2012, p1
The article offers information on how chief information officers (CIOs) address unsuccessful information technology (IT) outsourcing deals. It mentions that CIOs need to evaluate their contingency alternatives to protect the outsourced IT initiatives' integrity if an engagement come off the...
- FEEDBACK. G., Randy // CIO Insight;Dec2008, Issue 100, p12
The article offers insights from the readers on several issues regarding business in the U.S. It includes a topic on the need of the country of a national chief information officer (CIO) rather than a chief technical officer (CTO) to meet the country's strategic demands. Another topic is...
- For Rent: Savvy CIO, Available Fridays. Kwak, Mary // Inc.;2000 Inc. Technology 2, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p30
Focuses on the trend of renting chief information officers (CIO). View of analyst Stephen Lane on the idea behind CIO outsourcing; Information on Janie Tremlett, founder of the CIO-outsourcing program at Breakaway Solutions.