The Door Detail Schedule
- Ins and Outs of Entry Door Specification. Wroblaski, Kylie // Buildings;Jul2011, Vol. 105 Issue 7, p21
The article discusses the factors to consider when selecting a building's entry door to ensure that it will last long. It cites that the entry door should be selected by situation. It mentions that the life of an average entry door will hinge on location, usage, and whether it properly...
- 5 Essentials for Door Security. Morton, Jennie // Buildings;Aug2012, Vol. 106 Issue 8, p30
The article discusses several options to increase door security. Local alarms sound an alarm if the door is opened forcibly. Infrared sensors are used to detect if someone approaches a restricted door. In authentication alarms, the doors are installed with a card reader to authenticate access....
- Sweet Dreams. Belden, Derick // Southern Living;Jun2000, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p168
Provides tips on how to create a bed headboard from a salvaged door. Materials needed; Why architectural salvage yards are a better choice; Things to do when all the parts have been gathered. INSET: Architectural Salvage.
- Doors, Folding Accordian. // National Construction Estimator;2008, Issue 56, p123
The article lists the costs for accordion folding doors which includes white lighht weight, gray standard weight, and white standard weight.
- Door Closers. // National Construction Estimator;2008, Issue 56, p106
The article lists the costs of residential and light commercial door closers which include heavy duty, screen, and sliding doors.
- ARTICULATED BAR MECHANISM DESIGN FOR MANIPULATING THE DOORS WINDOWS OF ROAD VEHICLES. MIKLOS, Imre Zsolt; MIKLOS, Cristina Carmen; ALIC, Carmen Inge // Annals of the Faculty of Engineering Hunedoara - International J;Aug2015, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p159
With the development of car manufacturing industry, besides increasing their technical performances, respectively the development of engines, transmissions, car body aerodynamics, electronic systems, or elements of active and passive safety, car manufacturers insist increasingly more the driver...
- Door. Keane, Gemma // Penumbra;2015, Vol. 25, p61
An image of an old broken door surrounded by stones is presented.
- A Layered Approach to Office Building and Property Management. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct2008, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p52
The article discusses the challenges concerning the idea to develop a dynamic security program for commercial real estate facility and office buildings. It states that protecting the exterior of a building involves decision relevant to distance and infrastructure. It emphasizes that traffic...
- Make an Entrance. MARCOUX, STEELE THOMAS; CHADDUCK, STYLISTS HEATHER; NESBITT, BRADLEY // Coastal Living;Oct2011, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p13
The article provides information on how to decorate a front door, looking at how to use of brightly colored paint, lighting, and door knockers to change the appearance of a door and discussing Dutch doors and door mats.