Business-tech Twofer: Demystifying Fiber, Wireless
- Working Fiber Optics. Davis, Ed // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2003, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p36
Focuses on the use of fiber optics in a wide of range of applications such as security, surveillance, access control and video distribution. Advantages of fiber systems; Composition of the glass fiber used in fiber optic transmission; Three components of the fiber optic transmission.
- New Products. Koff, Marcy // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Feb2000, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p66
Presents various types of telecommunication products. Includes FiberSafe 100 security system; CA 5000 series testing tools; Fiber optic cable blowers.
- Drowning in bandwidth? McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - International Edition;May99, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p8
Comments on the significance of the rapid growth of bandwidth-based telecommunication worldwide. Impact of the growth in fibre-optics networks on the telecommunications industry; Increase in transport supply worldwide; Projections on future fibre capacity.
- Fiber cleavers. // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Mar1995, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p141
Presents a chart of available fiber cleavers in the United States. Manufacturer; Description of the product; Standards compliance.
- Fiber polishers. // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Mar1995, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p142
Presents a chart of available fiber polishers in the United States. Manufacturers; Product description; Maximum number of fibers polished simultaneously; Number of steps in polishing process; Standards compliance.
- Long-haul ' fiber glut' persists. Lawson, Stephen // Network World;9/8/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p33
Reports on the persistence of the 'fiber glut,' a factor being blamed for the weak long-haul telecom equipment and services market. Fiber needs; Acquisition of network services that require last-mile connection.
- HFC may prove costly in long run. Jacob, Peter // America's Network;3/1/95, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p50
Cites the advantages and disadvantages of hybrid fiber/coax (HFC) as a replacement to fiber to the home. Limitations of fiber to the home and fiber to the curb over a passive optical network; Capabilities of HFC; Bandwidth limitations of coax; Demand for broadband services with the growth of...
- attendee's choice awards. // Lightwave;Sep2002, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p131
Presents fiber optic products nominated in the National Fiber Optic Engineers Conference 2002's Attendees' Choice Awards. Multifunction fiber-optic multiplex system; Intelligent optical switch; Helium recovery system; Photonic service switch; Multifunction system.
- US Demand Review and Outlook... // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;11/7/2014, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p1
A graph is presented that shows a review of U.S. demand for cabled fiber for the period 1996-2012 and projected demand levels for 2013-2016.