Largest Disaster Management Simulation Training Center Opened in Korea
- Collaborative response supports Cumbria during Storm Desmond. // Fire;Jan2016, Vol. 111 Issue 1384, p6
The article focuses on the services provided by the Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service crews during disasters such as flood and fire.
- Simulating Smoke, Fire, Spray and Saves. Veillette, Patrick R. // Business & Commercial Aviation;May2010, Vol. 106 Issue 5, p54
The article previews the latest version of the simulator training system of Environmental Tectonics Corporation's Simulation Division for Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting (ARFF) crews.
- Airport facility helps crews fly to the rescue. // American City & County;May2006, Vol. 121 Issue 5, p8
The article reports that the Aviation Authority in Hillsborough County, Florida has dedicated an aircraft rescue and fire-fighting facility at the Tampa International Airport in Florida in April 2006. The building houses up to 14 full-time firefighters and several administrative offices, as well...
- Responding Through Training. Serluco, Paul // Homeland Defense Journal;Dec2007/Jan2008, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p16
The article offers information on the training center for emergency responders, the Center for Domestic Preparedness (CPD) which opened it doors in June 1998 and since then, has trained more than 3,90,000 emergency responders. The CPD's training program features more than 30 interdisciplinary...
- Job Corps offers skills for life. // Career World;Feb97, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p27
Reports on scholarships offered through Job Corps, the largest residential training program for young men and women in the United States. Training programs offered by Job Corps; Number of Job Corps centers in the U.S.; Eligibility requirements for Job Corps.
- Hempstead opens Universal Resources Career Center. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);06/16/97, Vol. 44 Issue 24, p59
Focuses on the opening of the Universal Resources Career Center in the town of Hempstead, Long Island, New York State. Operation of the facility by the town's Department of Occupational Resources; Contributions to the development of the local workforce.
- Idealliance Announces New G7 Training for Operators. // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;10/6/2015, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p8
The article offers information on a G7 calibration training course for digital print professionals provided by the International Digital Enterprise Alliance (Idealliance) at the Rochester Institute of Technology in New York on October 28 and 29, 2015.
- Hot Drills. McAuliff, Pat // Fire Chief;Apr2007, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p46
The article provides information about live-fire training exercises. The author said that it is important to understand the physical limitations of the crews involve when developing a live-fire training objectives and scenarios by limiting the amount of time firefighters are engaged in the...
- Professional Image. Poulin, Thomas E. // Fire Chief;Mar2009, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p42
The article focuses on the implication of fire service members' rescue work for the public in the U.S. It cites factors of the hierarchy of professional occupations which determined by the U.S. Department of Labor and the American Management Association to have proper education, training, skill...