Suddenlink: Seizing Next Opportunity
- Meet Her in St. Louis. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;1/26/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 4, special section p16
The article profiles Patty McCaskill, senior vice president of programming in Suddenlink Communications, who is responsible for managing the multi-system operator's (MSO) relationships with television stations and cable networks. Charter Communications hired her in 1993 because they needed her...
- CBS Chief Eyeing Acquisitions. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/3/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p23
The article reports on the plan of CBS Television Network to go for corporate acquisitions in the U.S. In a conference call in February 2008, CBS chief executive officer (CEO) Les Moonves announced that the company is eyeing for acquisitions to obtain growth. According to Moonves, CBS will...
- FREEZE FRAME. // Multichannel News;12/5/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 45, p23
Photographs of several individuals from cable and broadcasting industry in the U.S. in various events including Suddenlink Communications' president Jerry Kent, Soledad O'Brien from Cable News Network (CNN), and Jason Klarman from Oxygen Media, are presented.
- Marking 10 years of consolidation in the cable industry. Alleven, Monica // FierceWirelessTech;8/27/2015, p2
The article reports that "FierceCable" examined the major acquisitions and mergers consummated in the last 10 years in the cable industry and has created an infographic depicting major milestones.
- Cox Numbers:. // CableFAX Daily;6/15/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 116, p2
Reports on the financial performance of Cox Cable for the first quarter of 2006. Percentage increase in the company's digital cable subscribers; Completed transactions, including its sale of 900,000 subscribers to Suddenlink.
- Buying spree: Suddenlink sold for $6.6B; Cogeco nabs Atlantic. // CED;Aug2012, p8
The article reports on two acquisitions related to cable operators in North America as of July 25, 2012, Suddenlink Communications has entered into a merger and acquisition agreement with Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board and BC Partners and Cogeco Cable Inc. purchased Atlantic Broadband.
- North Carolina Group Weighs Buyout. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;6/4/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p24
The article reports on a consortium of towns close to Charlotte, North Carolina that is deliberating on the possible acquisition of a local cable system operated by Time Warner Cable in 2007. The consortium has until the middle of June 2007 to decide on whether to purchase the cable system,...
- INDEPENDENT STRATEGIC THINKER OF THE YEAR. Grebb, Michael // CableFAX Magazine;Jul2012, p31
The article focuses on the strategic vision of Robert Gessner, president of Canton, Ohio-based Massillon Cable TV Inc. It notes that the leadership and strategic vision of Gessner on TV Everywhere (TVE) continue to influence independents and smash large players. It notes that Gessner represents...
- Cox Communications Engages Customers with Customized Rewards. // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;3/10/2014, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p2
The article presents a case study of the business objectives of U.S.-based cable company Cox Communications which wants to be proactive in engaging and rewarding its customers to improve customer retention. The company worked with marketing service provider Paradise Design to develop a direct...