Gospel Gains BFC Berths
- If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/20/95, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p43
Announces that Nashville-based Country Music Television proposed in February 1995 to buy 20% of Canada's New Country Network, in exchange for dropping its trade complaint against the Canadian government and ending the feud between the country cable channels.
- CMT in Portugal. R.B. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/17/95, Vol. 125 Issue 29, p38
Reports on the agreement between Country Music Television and TV Cabo Portugal to distribute the music video network to TV Cabo's cable systems.
- Canada's new New Country Network. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/03/95, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p41
Reports on Nashville, Tennessee-based Country Music Television's (CMT) stake in Calgary, Alberta-based New Country Network (NCN), forming the Country Music Television (Canada, CMT). Expulsion of CMT from Canadian cable networks to make room for NCN; CMT ban on Canadian acts from international...
- Twang tune truce ends U.S.-Canada trade tiff. Enchin, Harvey // Variety;9/23/96, Vol. 364 Issue 8, p48
Reports on the return of Country Music Television (CMT) to Canada. Background on CMT's eviction from Canada following the establishment of similar-format network New Country Network; CMT's business agreement with New Country Network.
- CMT back into Canada. // Hollywood Reporter;6/27/95, Vol. 337 Issue 43, pI-7
Reports that a bitter cultural war between the United States and Canada was averted when Nashville, Tennessee-based Country Music Television gained the right to return to Canada by buying a 20% stake in Calgary-based New Country Network.
- Country kick for Portugal as channel bows. // Hollywood Reporter;8/29/95, Vol. 338 Issue 37, pI-5
Reports on the launching of Country Music Television in Portugal with TV Cabo Portugal as cable television distributor.
- FREEZE FRAME. // Multichannel News;5/21/2012, Issue 21, p83
Photographs of highlights from several events related to the cable television industry in the U.S. are presented including the Broadband Cable Association of Pennsylvania's Cable Academy event, Telemundo's New York upfront, the e Weather Channel's 30th anniversary party.
- TRANSLATION PLEASE: Your 2012 Cable Show Jargon Descrambler. ELLIS, LESLIE // Multichannel News;5/21/2012, Issue 21, p88
The article offers information on the 2012 Cable Show in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Bouncing Into Boston. // Multichannel News;5/21/2012, Issue 21, p91
The author discusses the 2012 Cable Show, offering updates to companies in the cable television industry in the U.S.