Comcast May Blaze Regional Trail in Portland
- Is Versus a Contender? Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;7/7/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 26, p4
The article focuses on the cable network Versus, that cobbled a network around hockey, the annual cycling and pharmaceutical contest known as the Tour de France, mixed martial arts and even bull riding. According to Gavin Harvey, chief of Versus, that a major sport could take the network into a...
- FS1 Jumps Into the Ring. UMSTEAD, THOMAS // Multichannel News;4/22/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 16, p20
The article reports on the launch of the Fox Sports 1 national sports service in the U.S. on August 17, 2013. The cable television network will devote Wednesday nights to programming from the Ultimate Fighting Championship, including the reality series "The Ultimate Fighter," while Monday nights...
- Kick Start for a New Net. Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;9/10/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 36, p12
The article presents a profile of Mark Silverman, President of the sports cable television network the Big Ten Network. The college sports network, based on the NFL Network, is having the same struggle to be carried as part of cable franchises' basic-tier programming. Silverman, a longtime...
- Sports Events Shoot To Broadband Outlets. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p24
The article reports on the drive of the cable sports networks and several professional sports leagues to offer an online access of sports events. According to a cable television operator, the move is a success since many sports fans are logging on to watch some of their favorite sporting...
- Technology for sports: Enhancing the viewing experience. Hashmi, Yasmin; Plumbridge, Stella // World Broadcast Engineering;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p26
Reports the expansion of sports coverage by Sky Sports cable television network. Events covered by the network; Enhancement of TV programs through technological developments; Development of applications enabling the download of programs into the Sky Digital IRD.
- Will the revolution be televised? Goth, Greg // Soccer Digest;Nov99, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p50
Focuses on the deal signed in June 1999 between the American Youth Soccer Organization and Fox Sports World and FSW-Espanol, the Fox empire's showcases for topnotch soccer worldwide. Impact of the 1999 Women's World Cup and the grassroots soccer effort in the United States; Major provisions of...
- Tale of the tape. Russell, Geoff // Golf World;08/18/2000, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p2
Focuses on the reaction of golfers to the failure of `The Golf Channel' to broadcast live coverage of the 2000 Buick Open tournament.
- The big picture. Arkush, Michael // Golf World;01/14/2000, Vol. 53 Issue 24, p6
Details the changes implemented by the Golf Channel and ABC network.
- The Senior PGA Tour--up a point in mild trading. Russell, Geoff // Golf World;04/14/2000, Vol. 53 Issue 37, p6
Reports on the proposal of the CNBC business network to air the Senior PGA Tour.