Offset your infidelity?
- Moving to Green. Groff, Jim // Hardwood Floors Magazine;Aug/Sep2009, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p31
The article discusses how companies can develop a clear plan and prevent delays when engaging in a green marketing program. Businesses are advised to formulate an environmental policy prior to developing practical and operational transitions. One of the few practical steps to boost company...
- HOW CAN UTILITIES PREPARE, PLAN FOR UNPREDICTABLE? // POWERGRID International;Dec2012, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p12
The article offers helpful tips for utilities in preparing and planning for unpredictable events. These include coordinating with the U.S. Federal Energy Management Agency (FEMA) on restoring power, training and recruiting personnel and using logistics companies for pre-staging resources, meals...
- 'Tourists see value of eco-tax.' Coulter, Adam // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/12/2003, Issue 2563, p7
Reports that tourists see the value of eco-tax in Balearics Island. Opposition by operators to the eco-tax; Areas where the money will go; Impact of the tax from hoteliers' perspectives.
- Denmark unveils green taxes. // In Business;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p11
Reports that Denmark has unveiled a package of green taxes to cut emissions of carbon dioxide. Estimated revenue of the taxes; Method of taxing.
- Environmental cleanups in city to incur tax. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;02/17/97, Vol. 6 Issue 47, p1
Announces the implementation of environmental sales-tax collections on environmental remediation in Tucson, Arizona effective March 1, 1997. Remediation contracting services; Taxable activities; Opposition from the business organizations.
- Saving the green: Who should pay for environmental cleanup costs? Black, Christine // Journal of Corporation Law;Summer95, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p671
Opinion. Comments on the tax treatment of environmental remediation cleanup costs in the United States. Internal Revenue Service's Revenue Ruling 94-38 addressing the tax treatment of environmental cleanup costs; Incidental repairs test; Increase in value test.
- Green taxes: Can we protect the environment and improve the tax system at the same time? Oates, Wallace E. // Southern Economic Journal;Apr95, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p915
Discusses ways to protect the environment and at the same time improve the tax system in the United States. Regulation of levels of polluting activities through appropriately designed taxes; Understanding of the properties of pollution taxes as revenue sources; Estimation of the potential of...
- Global Environmental Snapshot. // Nauru Country Review;2009, p88
The article presents information on the global environmental conditions.
- Managing market mania. Lapp, David // Environmental Action;Winter94, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p17
Examines the controversial mechanism of pollution trading programs. Creation of the National Environmental Policy Institute (NEPI) by Washington D.C.; Mission; Roots of marketplace mania; `Project 88: Harnessing Market Forces to Protect Our Environment' by the late Senator John Heinz and former...