- Representations of happiness and life satisfaction in the group of educated and socially active young people. Kokurina, Irina G.; Solina, Elena I. // Psychology in Russia. State of the Art;2014, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p83
The paper examines the differences in the social representations of happiness among optimists and pessimists in the group of socially active, educated young members of the international youth organization Association Internationale des Etudiants en Sciences Economiques et Commerciales . To...
- Steps to HAPPIneSS. // Gulfshore Life;Aug2013, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p59
The article offers tips on how to achieve true happiness in life.
- Of Greatness. COWLEY, ABRAHAM // English Writings of Abraham Cowley, Vol. 2;1905, p428
An essay is presented about the greatness and contentment of man. The author confesses that he has little of everything in this world but he is contented about it. He relates the stories of emperors who longed for more power and greatness as their sources of enjoyment. Moreover, he cites the...
- HOW TO BE Happy in an Unhappy Marriage. Vernick, Leslie // Marriage Partnership;Spring2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p46
Offers tips on finding contentment and joy while in the midst of an unhappy marriage. Drawback of associating happiness with material things; Reason behind the discontentment among humans; Opportunity presented by hardship in a marriage.
- Happily Ever After -- The Life that Everyone Wants. Shaykh Tawfique Chowdhury // Hiba;Oct-Dec2013, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p50
The article focuses on the Islamic teachings as they pertain to contentment in a world characterized by materialism. Topics discussed include the need for most men to answer the call of marriage and the acquisition of money and power as a way of quenching one's desire for worldly happiness. The...
- FEEL A LITTLE HAPPIER EVERY DAY. // Redbook;Jul2012, Vol. 219 Issue 1, p122
The article presents the author's comments on being happy and blissful. She talks about her happy married life and her experience of parenting. She refers to the memoir "Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake," by Anna Quindlen who says that happiness tends to increase with age. According to her,...
- Happiness. Miller, Jane // Raritan;Summer2003, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p66
Narrates how the author's father managed to find quite a lot of happiness in his long life. Two perverse decisions that shape the life of the author's father; Views on homosexuality; Details on the father's marriage life.
- You Can Control Your Own Level Of Happiness. Teichert, Burke // Beef Expert Blog;3/26/2014, p1
The article comments on the impact of one's level of happiness on productivity. Topics covered include the influence of happiness on one's viewpoints on life, impact of happiness on leadership and effect on positive thinking. Also mentioned is the importance of happiness to improve one's goals...
- 7 ways to a happier you. Skatssoon, Judy // Good Medicine (Australian Consolidated Press);Dec2004, p64
Suggests ways to become a happy person shared by psychologist Timothy Sharp. Decide to be happy; Live in the present; Be positive; Live a healthy life.