Investing An a Cure
- Are your charitable principles clear and secure? Ball, Whitney // Family Business;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 26 Issue 4, Special section pWM4
The article discusses eight steps for protecting the charitable principles of the family business. Advice discussed include importance of having a clear, focused mission and vision for charitable giving, creation of a list of favorite charity groups and ranking or tiering them based on...
- Good genes. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);7/25/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 30, p75
Focuses on the annual fundraiser for the Children's Medical Research Institute Jeans for Genes Day on August 5, 2005 in Australia. Celebrities who have donated their autographed jeans to be auctioned at a gala dinner at Sydney Town Hall on July 21; Theme for 2005.
- Three Good Reasons to Have a Corporate Foundation (And One Not to). Peebles, Laura H. // Trusts & Estates;Oct2012, Vol. 151 Issue 10, p16
The article discusses philanthropic techniques and corporate foundations in the U.S. as of October 2012, focusing on several advantages to having a private foundation which is funded by a corporation. Charitable tax deductions for businesses are addressed, along with an analysis of the benefits...
- A company that gives together ... Jacobs, Dan // Pest Management Professional;Aug2013, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p72
The article features Connor's Pest Protection, a family-owned business in Springfield, Virginia which makes charitable giving as part of a family tradition. It says that the company supports 22 organizations, contributes money to such organizations, participates in bicycle race for the benefit...
- Funding secured. // British Dental Journal;9/9/2006, Vol. 201 Issue 5, p258
The article reports the receipt of a 2 million pound charity by 'Facial Surgery Research Foundation' to fund facial surgery researchers. An amount of 1 million pounds is contributed by Elliott Bernard, a property businessman and the remaining amount is contributed by Cancer Research UK. The...
- More Family-Owned Businesses Are Creating Own Foundations. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;04/09/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 15, pB2
Reports that almost all of the foundations in the United States are operated by families and individuals. Percent growth in the number of foundations from 1975 to 1998; Considerations for family business owners wanting to establish a foundation; Amount of asset that must be paid out each year.
- CREDITS, CLIENTS AND AWARDS. // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/22/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p27
The article reports that the Linda and Vince McMahon Family Foundation has donated 100,000 dollars to the Boys & Girls Club of Stanford which aims to support initiatives that enable young people to improve their potentials.
- TEAM DOLPHIN WON THE PRO-AM IN '94. Stephenson, Randall // NCGA Golf;Winter2010 Supplement, p4
A photograph of children swimmers who are among the beneficiaries of the Watsonville Family Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA) charitable organization.
- Private Foundations' Giving Even With Year Earlier. Yu, Jane // Orange County Business Journal;9/3/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 36, p32
The article offers information on the charitable contributions, assets, and the rankings of 37 private foundations in California including the Marisla Foundation in Laguna Beach, the William and Sue Gross Family Foundation, and the Beall Family Foundation in Newsport Beach.