The envelope please: 2007 Gairdner winners
- The envelope please: 2007 Gairdner winners. Sibbald, Barbara // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal Supplement;4/24/2007, Vol. 176 Issue 9, p1267
The article announces the five biomedical scientists who won in the 2007 Gairdner International Awards including David Allis of Rockefeller University, New York, Dennis J. Slamon of the University of California in Los Angeles and Harry F. Noller of the University of California in Santa Cruz.
- Enabling technologies in discovery: the 2009 Nobel Prize and its implications in antibiotic design. Wei, Yinan; Daunert, Sylvia // Analytical & Bioanalytical Chemistry;Mar2010, Vol. 396 Issue 5, p1623
The article offers information on the Nobel Prize in Chemistry and its relevance to antibiotic design. For 2009, the Nobel Prize was awarded to researchers Venkatraman Ramakrishnan, Thomas A. Steitz and Ada E. Yonath for their study on the structure and function of the ribosome. Ribosome is a...
- PREMIOS NOBEL DE QUÃMICA Y FÃSICA, 2009. MARTOS, MANUEL CASTILLO; BALET, LUIS J. BOYA // Llull: Revista de la Sociedad Espanola de Historia de las Cienci;2009, Vol. 32 Issue 70, p397
The article offers information about the 2009 Nobel Prize Awards for Chemistry and Physics. The Nobel Prize for Chemistry was awarded to scientists Ada E. Yonath, Thomas A. Steitz and Venkatraman Ramakrishnan for their studies of the ribosome. The Nobel Prize for Physics was awarded to...
- CONGRATULATIONS. // Government Executive;Dec2002, Vol. 34 Issue 16, pA18
Lists several people in the U.S. who won awards for various achievements as of December 2002. Person who became the Hero of September 11th, 2001; Awards for the Federal employees of the year.
- MMS Awards $10.6 Million to Louisiana for Coastal Restoration. // Washington Letter of Oceanography;2/9/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p2
The article announces the $10.6 million grant to the state of Louisiana through the Coastal Impact Assistance Program (CIAP), awarded by the Minerals Management Service (MMS) in February 2009.
- Ghana Achievers Awards. // New African;Mar2003, Issue 416, p63
Reports that the London, England-based Ghana Professional Achievers (GPA) Awards is asking for nominations for 2003. Eligibility criteria of the awards; Award categories; Categories of awards introduced in 2003.
- Other prizes and awards. // World Almanac for Kids;1998, p174
Discusses various prizes and awards. Nobel Prizes, named for Alfred B. Nobel (1833-1896), given to people who have done something important for humankind; Pulitzer Prizes, named for Joseph Pulitzer (1847-1911), given for writing and music; Spingarn Medal, established by Joel Elias Spingarn of...
- Spain scores at Cannes. Wentz, Laurel // Advertising Age;6/29/92, Vol. 63 Issue 26, p1
Reports that Spain carried off the top prize at the International Advertising Film Festival with a commercial that wouldn't make it past United States network censors. United States got 3 of 27 Gold Lions awarded; No rival over Grand Prix candidates; Details of the winners.
- NOVA award winners focus on community-health goals. Larson, Laurie // AHA News;1/15/96, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p51
Presents the winners of the 1996 NOVA awards. Includes the Greater Dayton Area Hospital Association; John C. Lincoln Hospital and Health Center; Hutzel Hospital and the Detroit Medical Center.