More calls for ethical investing
- MDs call for socially responsible investments. Eggertson, Laura // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;8/16/2005, Vol. 173 Issue 4, p349
Reports that Physicians for Global Survival has urged on MD Management Ltd. to divest its armaments industry investments and develop its own socially responsible investment funds. Statement issued by Robert Hewett, president and CEO of MD Management regarding MD-branded socially responsible...
- CMA adopts new governance structure. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/9/2008, Vol. 179 Issue 6, p520
The article reports on the implementation of a new governance structured by the Canadian Medical Association (CMA). In relation to his change, the size of the association's Board of Directors will be reduced from 34 to 25. Meanwhile, the association's core councils and committees will feature...
- Spanish doctors go to court to leave medical organisations. Ruiz, Magdalena // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);6/10/89, Vol. 298 Issue 6687, p1544
Focuses on the decision of Spanish doctors to leave medical organizations. Guarantee on freedom of association and government; Political role of opposition to the socialist government; Lack of interest of doctors in the association.
- SYMBOLISM. // Advocate;7/16/91, Issue 581, p10
Reports that the American Medical Association is changing its image with a new logo in 1991.
- GPs lose election battle. // GP: General Practitioner;4/22/2002, p15
Reports the decision of the Manchester Strategic Health Authority to ban physicians from seeking election at the PCT board in England.
- New PORT studies to further examine physician practices. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;7/18/94, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p36
Reports on studies conducted by Patient Outcomes Research Teams (PORT) to examine medical effectiveness of established physician practices. Coverage; Findings; Implications; Conduction of new lineup of studies. INSET: New research on best treatments for common conditions..
- Crouse PO. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;10/2/95, Vol. 9 Issue 20, p21B
Reports that the Crouse Physician Organization has signed an affiliation agreement with the Eight-County Physician Organization.
- Norwegian doctors attacked over `elite' trade union. Goldbeck-Wood, Sandra // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/08/97, Vol. 315 Issue 7117, p1180
Announces that Norwegian doctors have broken with their former trade union to create an organization representing the interests of doctors and other academics. Brief information on the former trade union, the Joint Academics Association; Association which took the initiative in breaking away;...
- Getting organized. Goodman, Sally; Kreeger, Karen // Nature;5/1/2003, Vol. 423 Issue 6935, p98
Focuses on concerns of postdoctoral associations in Europe and the U.S. Organization of the inaugural meeting of the U.S. National Postdoctoral Association in March 2003; Issue of the changing definition of a postdoctoral.