The Lancet protests against its publisher's arms fair business
- How Should Physicians Counsel Patients About Cannabis Use? Walling, Anne D. // American Family Physician;4/1/1999, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p1985
Presents an abstract of the study `Adverse effects of cannabis,' by W. Hall and N. Solowij, from `The Lancet' dated November 14, 1998.
- Serum vitamin levels can be misleading in older patients. // Geriatrics;Oct95, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p60
Presents an abstract of `Effects of Vitamin B12, Folate, and Vitamin B6 Supplements in Elderly People With Normal Serum Vitamin Concentrations,' by H.J. Naurath, E. Joosten, R. Riezler, et al, published in a 1995 edition of `The Lancet' journal.
- Nuclear Disarmament Begins at Home. // Progressive;Sep2006, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p21
A photograph of a protest staged by the Reverend Carl Kaba, a catholic priest and two veterans Greg Boertje-Obed, and Mike Walli at the nuclear missile silo in North Dakota missile site is presented.
- It's your right to know! // New Internationalist;Nov94, Issue 261, p26
Presents a directory of centers for dissemination of information relating to disarmament campaigns in Great Britain, the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Contact address and telephone number; Objective of company.
- What have we done? Shelley, Diana // New Statesman & Society;11/12/93, Vol. 6 Issue 278, p20
Discusses the achievements of the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND) peace movement. Question on failure of CND; Peace as a process; Membership and organizational base; Initiation by unilateralism; Formation of END; Women's peace movement; Nuclear Free Zones movement; Other victories. ...
- Striving for Land, Sea, and Life: The Okinawan Demilitarization Movement. Chibana, Megumi // Pacific Asia Inquiry;Fall2013, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p136
Okinawa Prefecture, the southernmost and most recently added administrative region of Japan, comprises the 169 islands of the RyÅ«kyÅ« Archipelago, an island chain between KyÅ«shÅ« (the Japanese mainland) and Taiwan. In the last two centuries, Okinawa has undergone significant changes in...
- SAVAÅžTA BÄ°R SANATÃ‡ININ ESERLERÄ°NE ELEÅžTÄ°REL BAKIÅž. Katiranci, Meltem // Ekev Academic Review;Spring2010, Vol. 14 Issue 43, p247
No definitive answer can be given to the research problem raised in this survey on the way a war atmosphere is reflected in the works of Abbas KÃ¼mbetler. But through a critical approach to the works of the artist, this survey will be informative, without reaching any generalized conclusion....
- Wash and Wear. // People's Medical Society Newsletter;Oct98, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p3
Provides information on a study reported in the February 21, 1998, `Lancet' magazine regarding health care workers found to wash their hands before wearing gloves. Prevention in using gloves; Percentage of workers found to wash their hands before wearing gloves; Percentage of workers exchanged...
- How Can We Teach Peace When We Are So Outraged? A Call for Critical Peace Education. Soto, Lourdes Diaz // Taboo: The Journal of Culture & Education;Fall/Winter2005, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p91
The article urges the need for critical peace education. As neo- liberals continue with their right wing ideologies, human rights, economic dignity, and social equity are being compromised to benefit a few ideologues. In the U.S., children and youth frequently witness violence. There is a need...