Need to lobby for access to asthma medications
- CHILDHOOD WHEEZE ARE WE GETTING IT RIGHT? Thomas, Mike // Pulse;7/19/2007, Vol. 67 Issue 28, p30
The article focuses on the pressure in asthma diagnosis as well as the warning of medicolegal risks of high-dose inhaled steroids among children in Great Britain. The author explains that not all wheezes are asthma. Moreover, inhaled steroids are not effective treatment for all patterns of...
- Which source should we use to measure quality of life in children with asthma: The children themselves or their parents? le Coq, E. M.; Boeke, A. J. P.; Bezemer, P. D.; Colland, V. T.; van Eijk, J. Th. M. // Quality of Life Research;Jun2000, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p625
This study compares the reproducibility, construct validity and responsiveness of self-report and parent-report quality of life questionnaires How Are You (HAY) for 8â€“12-year-old children with asthma. A total of 228 Dutch children with asthma and their parents completed the HAY and daily...
- EDITORIAL. CHILD POVERTY UNDER SCRUTINY. Roth, Maria // Today's Children are Tomorrow's Parents;Dec2010, Vol. 28, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by D. Koleva on the consideration of child poverty under the human rights, one by A. Birneanu on the influence of European policies for the quality of life in children, and one by A. D'Addato and Koleva on the...
- Impacts of Poverty on Quality of Life in Families of Children With Disabilities. Jiyeon Park; Turnbull, Ann P.; Turnbull III, H. Rutherford // Exceptional Children;Winter2002, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p151
Focuses on the impact of poverty on quality of life in families of children with disabilities in the United States. Description of poverty; Poverty rate of children with disabilities; Factors affecting the family quality of life domain.
- A cluster randomised intervention trial of asthma clubs to improve quality of life in primary school children: the School Care and Asthma Management Project (SCAMP). Patterson, E. E.; Brennan, M. P.; Linskey, K. M.; Webb, D. C.; Shields, M. D.; Patterson, C. C. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Aug2005, Vol. 90 Issue 8, p786
Aim: To evaluate the effectiveness of a programme of asthma clubs in improving quality of life in primary school children with asthma. Methods: A cluster randomised intervention trial was undertaken in 22 primary schools within the urban area of south and east Belfast, Northern Ireland. Schools...
- Asthma Diagnosis Often Overlooked in Older Adults. // RT: The Journal for Respiratory Care Practitioners;Aug2010, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p33
The article discusses the misconception towards asthma among older adults and its treatable condition.
- Welsh action on child poverty. // Paediatric Nursing;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p4
Presents information on the plans of the Welsh Assembly for Children to eradicate child poverty in Wales. Information on the report from the Child Poverty Task Group set up in January 2003; Information on the progress made by the assembly to improve the living condition of children.
- From diagnosis' to control. Caulfield, Ursula // World of Irish Nursing & Midwifery;Feb2005, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p27
The article reports on the use of age-specific education in facilitating the optimum outcome in the newly diagnosed child with asthma. The choice of inhaler device used by various age groups of children must be considered to ensure optimum drug delivery. Pressurized meter dose inhaler and spacer...
- Breathing easier at the end of the day. Maurer, Brian T. // JAAPA: Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (;Apr2015, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p66
No abstract available.