- Tobacco and health. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;01/15/97, Vol. 156 Issue 2, p240A
Presents the Canadian Medical Association's policy summary pertaining to tobacco and health in Canada. Tobacco as an addictive and hazardous product; Support on initiatives by the federal and provincial governments to enact and enforce strong legislation designed for tobacco control;...
- Medical professionalism: Toward a contemporary Canadian model. Lynch, Abbyann // Journal of Canadian Studies;Spring92, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p107
Discusses several contemporary challenges to the Canadian Medical Association's Code of Ethics. Patient well-being: `Canterbury vs. Spence' and `Malette vs. Shulman'; Patient confidentiality versus welfare of current/future others; Health care resources and decisions on access priorities;...
- CMA marks 130th anniversary. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;04/15/97, Vol. 156 Issue 8, p1109
Presents information on the 130th anniversary celebration of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA). Features of association logo.
- The Hippocratic Oath prevails; in part, for now. Verburg, Peter // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/5/94, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p34
Reports that the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) passed by a fairly narrow margin a motion that their profession should have no part in administering death, commonly euphemized nowadays as euthanasia or `doctor-assisted suicide.' Motion by West Vancouver physician Daniel MacCarthy; Criminal...
- Highlights from CMA Online. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;07/15/97, Vol. 157 Issue 2, p198
States that the 130th annual meeting of the Canadian Medical Association is to be held in Victoria in the summer of 1997. The major issues to be discussed, including physician unity and smoking; The World Wide Web addresses for English and French information regarding the meeting.
- Century marks. // Christian Century;1/19/94, Vol. 111 Issue 2, p36
Pays tribute to Cecilia Gaul, former copy editor of the `Christian Century' magazine. Comments on working ability; Personality assessment.
- A time to mourn. Hoffer, Richard // Sports Illustrated;12/27/93-01/03/94, Vol. 79 Issue 26, p66
Comments on some of the deaths which shook the sporting world in 1993. Tim Crews and the boat crash which took his life; Heather Farr and her struggle against breast cancer; Arthur Ashe, who died of AIDS; Reggie Lewis, who succumbed to heart problems; Dave Waymer, who died after ingesting...
- FUNERAL NOTICES. // South County Journal;1/4/2012, Vol. 57 Issue 1, pB5
The article presents funeral notices for the areas of Illinois and Missouri as of January 2012.
- Obituaries. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);10/17/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p8
The article presents obituaries for residents of Clarendon and elsewhere in Donley County, Texas including Fern O. Hall, Barry K. Welch, and Everett Harold "Curly" Monroe.