Suitability of recommended limits for fasting glucose tests in women with polycystic ovary syndrome
- Examination of Impaired Glucose Tolerance and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in PCOS Women. // Fertility Weekly;2/4/2002, p6
Reports that the American Diabetes Association recommendation is not appropriate for the diagnosis of impaired glucose tolerance and diabetes mellitus in polycystic ovary syndrome women, according to researchers in Thailand.
- Polycystic ovarian disease: diagnosis and management. // British Medical Journal;2/28/1976, Vol. 1 Issue 6008, p485
Focuses on the diagnosis of polycystic ovarian disease. Account on the appearance of polycystic ovaries; Ways of diagnosing the disease; Syndromes associated with the disease; Management of the disease.
- Reply: Maternal and neonatal outcomes in women diagnosed with PCOS by different definitions. Kollmann, M.; Klaritsch, P.; Martins, W. P.; Craciunas, L.; Raine-Fenning, N. // Human Reproduction;Jan2016, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p225
No abstract available.
- Screening Patients with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome for Cushing's Syndrome. Şahin, Serap Baydur; Sezgin, Hacer; Ayaz, Teslime; Gür, Emine Uslu; ilkkiliç, Kadir; Algün, Ekrem // Journal of Turgut Ozal Medical Center;2014, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p215
Objective: Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and Cushing's syndrome share several clinical features such as hirsutism, irregular menses, obesity, glucose intolerance and dyslipidemia. The aim of this study was to investigate the presence of Cushing's syndrome in patients who were admitted with...
- A Simple Screening Approach for Assessing Community Prevalence and Phenotype of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome in a Semiurban Population in Sri Lanka. V. Kumarapeli; R. de A. Seneviratne; C. N. Wijeyaratne; R. M. S. C. Yapa; S. H. Dodampahala // American Journal of Epidemiology;Aug2008, Vol. 168 Issue 3, p321
In most of South Asia, prevalences and phenotypes of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) among women in the community are unknown. The authors aimed to estimate prevalence and phenotype in a community setting in Sri Lanka and to test a valid, feasible screening approach to early diagnosis. A...
- Flutamide: Hirsutism in Women. Generali, Joyce A.; Cada, Dennis J. // Hospital Pharmacy;Jun2014, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p517
This Hospital Pharmacy feature is extracted from Off-Label Drug Facts, a publication available from Wolters Kluwer Health. Off-Label Drug Facts is a practitioner-oriented resource for information about specific drug uses that are unapproved by the US Food and Drug Administration. This new guide...
- Sample History Form. // What Nurses Know...PCOS;2010, p141
The article presents a sample history form in diagnosing polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
- Screening and Treatment for PCOS in Teens. Zisser, Howard C. // Fertility Weekly;7/26/2004, p5
Focuses on the importance of screening and treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) on teenagers. Observation of the appearance of polycystic ovaries; Health problems linked to PCOS; Treatment for PCOS.
- Fasting glucose measurement as a potential first step screening for glucose metabolism abnormalities in women with anovulatory polycystic ovary syndrome. Veltman-Verhulst, Susanne M.; Goverde, Angelique J.; van Haeften, Timon W.; Fauser, Bart C.J.M. // Human Reproduction;Aug2013, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p2228
STUDY QUESTION Is routine screening by oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) needed for all women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)? SUMMARY ANSWER Screening for glucose metabolism abnormalities of PCOS patients by an OGTT could potentially be limited to patients who present with a fasting...