Students, scientists push for access to drugs in developing world
- NOTICE BOARD. Cheetham, Nicola // Nursing Standard;9/17/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p62
The article offers news about the medical research sector in Great Britain. The Service and Delivery Organisation (SDO) Network has two programs aimed at helping managers use research to improve the services they manage. The World Alliance for Patient Safety is providing research grants for...
- HUMANITARIAN WORK PRACTICE AND THE NECESSITY FOR ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE. Musa, S. A.; Hamid, A. A. R.; Alghorani, M. A.; Eiyda, R. Abu // International Journal of Academic Research;Nov2009, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p212
This study aimed at assessing the need of humanitarian assistance for academic programs that could provide education, research, training, and consultation related to the humanitarian work. Forty one participants representing 39 humanitarian organizations and agencies took part in the study....
- CCRF Membership Drive Update. Leprich, Dave // Journal of the Canadian Chiropractic Association;Jun2008, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p113
The article focuses on ways the Canadian Chiropractic Research Foundation (CCRF) is working to increase the level of participation in chiropractic research by the profession at large through increased membership in the CCRF. The foundation has established five university based research chairs...
- SUCCESSFUL WITH SCIENCE. Riley, Jonathan // Farmers Weekly;11/7/2003, Vol. 139 Issue 19, p13
Reports on the success of the Medical Research Council and Institute of Neurology at University College in London, England to prevent and reverse scrapie in laboratory mice, according a report in the journal "Science." Use of an enzyme called Cre; Cause of scrapie.
- SU School of Management picks advisors. // Business Journal (Central New York);12/20/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 51, p6
Reports on the appointment of 11 members of the Central New York business community to the Corporate Advisory Council of Syracuse University's School of Management in New York. Purpose of the council; Members of the group.
- Blending tech with tradition. Mindell, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;07/28/97, Vol. 13 Issue 30, p3
Focuses on the Michigan Jewish Institute, an independent college sponsored by Labavitch, a Hasidic Jewish movement. Comments from Ilya Kozadayev, who attended the college; Reasons for the establishment of the institute; Information on the college's curriculum; Comments from Dave Cyplik,...
- APPENDIX "H": LIST OF REGIONAL ORGANISATIONS/ASSOCIATIONS/INSTITUTIONS. // Time for Action: Report of the West Indian Commission;1993, p576
A variety of regional organizations, associations and educational institutions that relates to the articles that appeared in the January 1993 issue of "Time For Action: A Report of the West Indian Commission," by Shridath Ramphal is presented.
- 2008 Track Chairs. // Decision Line;Oct2008, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p46
A list of the 2008 Track Chairpeople of the Decision Sciences Institute (DSI) is presented, including Ashley Burrows of the University of Wisconsin in Lacrosse, Shirley Hoplins of the California State University in Chico, and Jeryl Nelson of the Wayne State College.
- Education Leaders Pledge to Improve Completion Rates. // Community College Journal;Jun/Jul2010, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p10
The article reports on the pledge of six national organization to increase the college completion rates in response to U.S. President Barack Obama's challenge to produce an additional of 5 million graduate students by 2020.