20 YEARS AGO
- Union Carbide looking for buyer. Smith, Pedro // Caribbean Business;8/8/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p22
Reports on Union Carbide's search for a buyer for its electrode-producing plant in Puerto Rico. Closure of facility since 1990 for economic reasons; Efforts of company to preserve facility and clear it of debris; Features of plant.
- Kuwait keeps pumping up construction. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/12/93, Vol. 231 Issue 2, p3
Reports on Kuwait's plan to develop a world-scale petrochemical complex as an effort to regain petroleum production capacity lost during the Gulf War. Year of completion; Features; Petrochemical Industries Company K.S.C.'s (PIC) signing of a memorandum of understanding with Union Carbide Corp....
- Petrochemical plant. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p35
Reports that a Saudi Arabian Yanbu Petrochemical Company (Yanpet) announced that it has signed a contract to secure a fund to finance a mammoth expansion project which would double its existing production capacity. Number of consortium which will underwrite the capital for the expansion;...
- Iran to Double Petchems Output. // Chemical Week;2/27/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 8, p47
Reveals that Iran will double its petrochemicals production by 2013. Expansion programs of the National Petrochemical Co. (NPC); Target increase in the global production and global export share of NPC.
- Iran. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/12/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 45, p24
Reports that three international consortia have submitted bids for the contract to build Iran-based National Petrochemical Co.'s planned olefins facility. Features of the planned facility; Details of the buy-back project.
- Foreign money will fund a new giant. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/19/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 46, p9
Reports on Iran's petrochemicals development plan. Projects approved by financing banks and the National Petrochemical Co.; Expected annual output of petrochemicals.
- Development is driven by ambition. Petrossian, Vahe // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/10/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 45, p30
Focuses on the fast pace at which the National Petrochemical Co. of Iran and its subsidiaries have been awarding contracts to foreign firms since the middle of 2000. Types and values of the contracts; Background on the contract earned by German company Linde AG; Profit growth posted by the...
- Work on petrochemical projects speeded up. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/21/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 47, p11
Reports on the order from the administration of Iranian President Khatami to facilitate the development of petrochemical industries. Goal of increasing productivity to several million tons a year; Details of National Petrochemical Co.'s plans through 2009.
- Union Carbide to close HDPE recycling plant. Ford, Tom; King, Roger // Plastics News;7/22/1996, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the closure of the New Jersey-based high density polyethylene recycling plant of Union Carbide Corp. Reason for closure; Remarks on plant closure by Kevin Lynch vice president of Unipol Polymer Group; Founding history; Availability of outplacement services for displaced workers;...