Reach "too complex" for small firms
- Policy Review Expected to Help Chem Industry. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;06/26/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the expectation of the European chemical industry from a policy review by the European Union European Commission in fall of 2000 that will provide a framework for future legislation on chemicals. Main objectives of the policy review; Major issues to be tackled by the review; Concern...
- Forum examines plan to register chemicals. Higgs, Richard // Plastics News;8/11/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p7
European plastics processors could get caught up in what promises to be the complex, bureaucratic and possibly costly fallout from the European Union's (EU) chemical policy review, warned the European Plastics Converters (EuPC), the region's trade group for processors. As downstream chemical...
- Counting the cost. Cozier, Muriel // ICIS Chemical Business;2/6/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p25
The article reports on the concerns raised by small and medium sized enterprises over the impact of the European Commission's Reach legislation. A conference organized by the British Chemical Distributors and Traders Association gave an opportunity for small businesses to voice out their...
- Senate Panel Introduces Chemical Security Bill. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/12/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the introduction of Chemical Facilities Security Bill designed to reduce the risk of terrorist attacks against the chemical plants in the U.S. Requirements for the legislation; Completion of the vulnerability assessment of chemical facilities; Implementation of penalties for the...
- Surviving and thriving under REACH. Eacott, Chris // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Jun2012, Issue 852, p28
The article discusses opportunities and challenges that could be presented by the European Union's (EU) Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) regulation. Small and medium-size enterprises (SMEs) are vulnerable to REACH compliance issues because they do not...
- Regulatory Watch. HESS, GLENN // Chemical Market Reporter;02/22/99, Vol. 255 Issue 8, p28
Presents news briefs about the law and legislation governing the chemical industry in the United States (US). Approval of the US House on a legislation that waives penalties for small businesses that violate federal paperwork requirements; Move of Representative Sherwood Boehlert of New York to...
- MEPs seek to relax EU rendering regulations. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;02/01/2002, p16
Reports on the amending of a draft by the European Commission on the reduction of tendering obligation. Amendments made by the European Parliament; Reduction on the scope of the regulations; Agreement on the decision of the Parliament and the commission.
- Investors to Bail Out Banks Under New European Plan. // American Banker;6/7/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 88, p10
The article discusses the European Commission's proposed legislation which will put the cost of future bank failures on investors instead of taxpayers and has a so-called bail-in or pool of funds that banks are required to maintain in case they have a financial crisis.
- Draft Derivatives Bill Exempts Nonbanks. // American Banker;9/14/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 141, p16
The article notes that the airlines, energy, and nonfinancial industries could be exempt from a legislative bill proposed by the European Commission which is trying to reduce risks in the derivatives market.