- A Big Year for Responsible Care. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;7/3/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 27, p7
Comments on the Responsible Care program in the chemical industry. Changes in the program of the American Chemical Council; Goals of the program; Reputation of the environmental responsibility of the industry.
- Brazil and Chile Being Third-Party Verification. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;7/3/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 27, p63
Reports on the third-party verification programs of the chemical industry organizations in Brazil and Chile. Celebration of the 10th year of Brazil in Responsible Care; Adjustments made to the Responsible Care codes of Brazil; Verification program of Chile's chemical industry association.
- Asia Walks the Walk, but with Miles Yet to Travel. Moore, Stephen // Chemical Week;7/3/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 27, p68
Reports on the introduction of the Responsible Care in the chemical industry in Asia. Adoption of the Responsible Care by the Association International Chemicals Manufacturers (AICM) in Hong Kong, China; Promotion of Responsible Care in China; Review on Responsible Care policy.
- The New ID of a Reborn Plan. Schmitt, Bill // Chemical Week;7/3/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 27, p24
Focuses on the changes in the Responsible Car initiative for improving the U.S. chemical industry's performance and reputation in environmental impact, health, safety and security against terrorism. Expected benefits of the changes in the Responsible Care of the Associated Chemical Companies...
- Exercising Environmental Responsibility: Part 2. Bentley Jr., David J. // Paper, Film & Foil Converter;Nov2003, Vol. 77 Issue 11, p19
Part II. Discusses how examples of a lack of environmental responsibility pertain to those working in the converting and flexible packaging industries. Benefits that come from the chemical industry; Need for people in the converting and flexible packaging industries to use the proper language...
- Technology & environment. // Chemical Week;12/16/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 48, p36
Presents news concerning environmental responsibility within the chemical industry. Directive issued by the United States Occupational Safety and Health and Administration (OSHA) that could lead to increase enforcement of hazardous waste and emergency response regulations; Toxic tort appeal...
- Industry's Critics Make Respect an Elusive Goal. Schmitt, Bill // Chemical Week;7/3/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 27, p42
Focuses on the criticism on the security initiative and environmental responsibility of the chemical industry. Efforts to create a publicity for the Responsible Care initiative; Public opinion poll on the views of people on the chemical industry; Criticism of environmentalists on the industry. ...
- WITHIN REACH. Sinclair, Neil // ICIS Chemical Business;2/5/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 52, p12
The article focuses on the belief of the chemicals industry in the need for increased environmental accountability. Aside from the chemicals industry, its suppliers and some major industrial consumers of chemicals also accept such principle. Information on the Registration, Evaluation and...
- Associate profile: The chemical industry's Responsible Care. Perelman, Dell E. // State Government News;Mar2003, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p34
Reports on the development of Responsible Care self-regulation program by the American Chemistry Council to enhance environmental, safety and health performance commitments. Codes of management practices; Reasons for changing the program; Background on the public reporting of performance metrics.