CUTBACKS ARE ON THE CARDS FOR PX CONSUMERS
- Players prepare for contract talks. Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;5/28/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 68, p32
The article discusses the preparations taken by chemical firms in response to fluctuations in energy costs in the global market. Major Asian paraxylene (PX) producers Nippon Oil and Idemitsu Petrochemical both nominated their prices at $1,290 per ton CFR Asia, up from Play's $1,165 per ton...
- Benzene surges by $90-100. // Asian Chemical News;8/11/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 412, p28
Reports on the prices of benzene in Asian chemical market as of August 2003. Effect of benzene values on styrene prices; Closure of Nippon Oil for failure to implement regulatory practices; Factors that contributed to the increase in benzene prices.
- Market & economics. // Chemical Week;4/22/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 15, p35
Presents several news briefs on chemical industry's markets and economics. Price initiative of Mobil Corporation in February 1998; Information on ethylene and propylene prices; Agreement among European producers of acrylonitrile.
- Exxon's Singapore expansion on track. // Chemical Business;May2010, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p84
The article reports on the arrival of seven world-scale furnace modules for the construction of ExxonMobil Chemical's largest integrated chemical and refining complex in Singapore.
- business & finance news DIGEST. // Chemical Week;6/25/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 23, p11
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of June 2003. Information on the proposed alpha-olefins project of Idemitsu Petrochemical in Chiba, Japan; Plan of Mitsui Chemicals to build an elastomers plant in China.
- Japan Okays Mitsui-ldemitsu JV. // Chemical Week;12/22/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 42, p13
Reports that Japan's Fair Trade Commission (FTC) has given conditional approval to the proposed polyolefins merger between Mitsui Chemicals and Idemitsu Petrochemical. Condition laid by the FTC on the merger.
- Asia in Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;06/26/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 26, p28
Provides news update on the chemical industry in Asia as of June 26, 2000. Impact of the explosion at Nisshin Chemical Co. Ltd.'s plant in Ojima, Japan on the subsidiary, EKC Technology Inc.; Start of Idemitsu Petrochemical's feasibility studies for building an alpha olefins plant in Asia;...
- WRAP-UP. // Chemical Week;8/2/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 29, p18
Provides updates on the chemical industry in Asia as of August 2, 2000. Plans of Idemitsu Petrochemical company to construct its hydrogenated petroleum resin plant in Japan; Plans of Mitsubishi Engineering Plastics company to build its first compounding unit; Plans of Sumitomo Bakelite company...
- Cost of quake: 51 tanks, Yen14bn. Tong, Alfred // Asian Chemical News;11/17/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 424, p7
Reports on the impact of an offshore earthquake that hit Japan in September 2003 on Idemitsu Kosan's operations. Damages at Idemitsu Kosan's refinery in Tomakomai City in Hokkaido; Impact of the refinery's closure on the firm's subsidiary, Idemetsu Petrochemical; Total cost of the damage.