- DIGEST. // Chemical Week;9/28/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 24, p31
This section offers chemical industry news briefs. North American producers of titanium dioxide are planning to raise prices by 5% due to shrinking margins and rising raw material costs. Royal Dutch Shell has agreed to sell its downstream businesses that include 72 retail stores in Greece to...
- Shell outlines plans for restructuring program. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Feb99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p24
Cites restructuring plans of Royal Dutch/Shell Group of Cos. which will involve the sale of about 40 per cent of its chemicals business.
- Shell declares force majeure after Bukom fire. PITCHES, JO; MARTIN, SHEENA; Loo, Felicia; Dillon, Tony // ICIS Chemical Business;10/10/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 11, p26
The article reports that Anglo-Dutch Shell has declared force majeure on some products following the shutdown of its Bukom refinery in Singapore.
- Shell Chemicals Stakes Claim in World's Fastest Growing Economy With $4.3 Bn Nanhai Project. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/11/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 17, p2
Reports the petrochemical complex project of Shell Corporations in Nanhai, China. Projected market impact of the project; Speculated increase in the demand for petrochemicals in the region; Features of the project.
- Asia-Pacific Report. // Chemical Market Reporter;08/02/99, Vol. 256 Issue 5, p11
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry in Asia in August 1999. Feasibility study conducted by Dow Chemical company and Royal Dutch/Shell for a petrochemical complex in Australia; Details on the contruction of a fine chemical plant of Tosoh Corp. INSET: Asia in Brief.
- FEEDSTOCKS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;4/18/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 14, p24
The article presents news briefs on the chemical feedstock industry, including those on Dow Chemical Co., OPX Biotechnologies, and Shell.
- Shell Settles on Pulau Bukom for Singapore Cracker ... // Chemical Week;10/24/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 39, p19
Reports that Shell Chemicals Limited's Singapore olefins project is likely to be at Pulau Bukom, where Royal Dutch/Shell Group of Cos. operates a refinery. Estimated annual ethylene production capacity of the cracker; Estimated percentage of the planned cracker's output that would be consumed...
- Shell starts discussions to reenter Nocil. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;6/17/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 23, p17
Reports on the efforts of Shell company to return as a shareholder of National Organic Chemical Industries (Nocil). Information on Shell; Investment plans of Nocil; Business focus of Shell.
- WORLD SCENE. Raman, Radha // Chemical Business;Nov99, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p72
Presents an update on the chemical industry worldwide as of November 1999. Agreement between BASF and Shell to establish a world-scale propylene oxide/styrene monomer plant in Singapore; Dupont's investment plans for is Lycra business in Asia; Order Toyo Engineering Corp. has received to...