Ciba favours Jacobs for Singapore plant
- Jacobs Builds Borealis LDPE Plant in Sweden. // Chemical Week;5/9/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 16, p16
The article reports on a contract awarded to Jacobs Engineering to build a Basell Lupotech T-process low-density polyethylene (LDPE) plant for Borealis at Stenungsund, Sweden. The plant will be due onstream in 2009. It will manufacture product for the wire and cable industry. Borealis will close...
- Shell Boosts Production for Chemicals Customers in Asia. // Chemical Engineering World;Sep2015, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the decision by gas firm Shell to build new petrochemicals production units on Jurong Island to supply customers in Singapore in 2015.
- Lucite picks Singapore for an Alpha-based MMA plant. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;6/27/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2153, p16
Reports that Lucite International has chosen Jurong Island, Singapore as the location to build its Alpha technology methyl methacrylate facility in 2005. Schedule for the project's completion; Cost effectiveness of Alpha technology; Involvement of Mitsubishi Rayon Group in the initiative. ...
- Singapore mulls methanol-to-olefins complex. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/11/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 70, p70
The article reports that the Economic Development Board (EDB) of Singapore is studying the construction of a methanol-to-olefins complex. According to EDB executive director Julian Ho, Jurong Island is the ideal location for the complex because it is where the country's existing chemicals hub is...
- SINOPEC PLANS REFINERY AND PETCHEMS PLANT IN SINGAPORE. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;8/30/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 20, p17
The article discusses plans by Sinopec to build a refinery and petrochemical complex at Jurong Island, Singapore. It is currently conducting discussions with the Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB) about the project, which was part of its strategy to internationalize its business. The...
- new construction projects. // Chemical Week;5/14/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 18, p19
Presents an update on construction projects of chemical companies as of May 14, 2003. Contract awarded by Dow Chemical to Jacobs Engineering; Construction of a low-density polyethylene plant by Sasol in South Africa; Commercial bids for Sabic company's butene-1-complex at Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia.
- Ciba Antioxidants Plant Opens in India. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/27/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 22, p7
Reports that Ciba Specialty Chemicals has inaugurated a chemical plant in Goa, India that produces antioxidants for the polymer industry. Antioxidants that will be manufactured in the plant; Objective of Ciba in establishing the plant in Goa.
- Big deals. // Asian Chemical News;8/8/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 502, Special Section p4
Offers a look at foreign investments in the petrochemical and chemical industry in Jurong Island, Singapore as of August 2005. Construction of a methyl methacrylate monomer plant by Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd.; Contribution of the chemical industry to the country's economy; Factors which...
- TEXAS. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/27/2006, Vol. 257 Issue 21, p34
This article cites the engineering, procurement and construction contract that has been awarded to Bechtel Corp. and Jacobs Engineering Inc. by Motiva Enterprises LLC for a proposed refinery expansion at its facility in Port Arthur, Texas.