Russian PE deadline proves impossible
- product focus. // Chemical Week;7/21/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 24, p37
Presents information on linear low-density polyethylene and high-density polyethylene (HDPE) thermoplastics. Increase in the demand for the products in 2004; Production of HDPE.
- Politeno may import ethylene. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;12/6/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2127, p46
Reports on the plan of Politeno to import ethylene for its proposed expansion in Brazil as of 2004. Companies which control the operations of Politeno; Intention of the company for the expansion of its linear low and high density polyethylene (PE) plant; Forecast on the demand for PE in Brazil.
- BASF bioplastics given a boost. Capaldo, Franco; Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business;10/18/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 13, p21
The article reports that the German chemical company BASF SE is planning large scale manufacturing of biodegradable plastics so as to replace low density polyethylene (LDPE) and high density polyethylene (HDPE). BASF's 60,000 tonne/year capacity expansion of its biodegradable plastics plant in...
- Effect of Nanoscale SiO2 and TiO2 as the Fillers on the Mechanical Properties and Aging Behavior of Linear Low-Density Polyethylene/Low-Density Polyethylene Blends. Gang Liu; Yan-feng Li; Feng-yuan Yan; Zhen-xing Zhao; Lin-cheng Zhou; Qun-ji Xue // Journal of Polymers & the Environment;Oct2005, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p339
Linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) was blended with low-density polyethylene (LDPE) at a fixed ratio (80 wt LLDPE and 20 wt %LDPE) and filled with nanoparticles of SiO2 and TiO2 at a ratio up to wt 5%, so as to develop the polymeric composites suitable to preparing the agricultural...
- Degradation of Polyethylene Designed for Agricultural Purposes. Feuilloley, Pierre; César, Guy; Benguigui, Ludovic; Grohens, Yves; Pillin, Isabelle; Bewa, Hilaire; Lefaux, Sandra; Jamal, Mounia // Journal of Polymers & the Environment;Oct2005, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p349
For many years now, scientific articles have been published on the potential biodegradability of polyethylene. Polyethylene (PE) with peroxidant additives, in the form of agricultural films, is sold by various suppliers as biodegradable mulch. Even though, the photo-chemical and thermal...
- Effect of polyethylene on the thermomechanical properties of green rubber mixes based on 1675N butyl rubber and SKEPT-50 ternary ethylene--propylene copolymer rubber. Markov, V. V.; Reznichenko, S. A.; Evreinov, Yu. V.; Vlasenko, F. S.; Kornev, A. E.; Kukushkin, Yu. V. // International Polymer Science & Technology;2012, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p27
The article presents an investigation into the effect of low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and high-density polyethylene (HDPE) on the properties of green rubber mixes based on butyl rubber 1675N and ternary ethylene-propylene copolymer rubber SKEPT-50. An increase in cohesive strength was found...
- HDPE buyers target lower prices. Naylor, Linda // ICIS Chemical Business;4/21/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 16, p12
The article reports that the European high density polyethylene (HDPE) contract for April 2014 settled down at 1,165 euros per tonne free delivered (FD) northwest Europe (NWE). It informs that European polyethylene (PE) sellers had hoped to hold on to the 15 euro per tonne drop in April 2014. It...
- February hikes on the cards. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;2/6/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p42
The article assesses the market performance of chemicals as of February 6, 2006. Polymer producers are expecting price increases in February due to rising feedstock costs and strong demand. Ethylene spot levels have risen over the first quarter and the monthly contract for February increased....
- TVK marks 2004 for startup. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;5/31/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2102, p28
Reports on the construction of ethylene and high-density polyethylene plants of TVK in Tiszaujvaros, eastern Hungary by end of 2004. Capacity of the plants; Petrochemical expansion projects of the company.