- More Stop and Go in Store for Bonds. M. S. // Leveraged Finance News;7/2/2012, Vol. 2 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the strong primary market for junk bonds in the U.S. It notes that market analysts believed that junk bonds' primary market will remain relatively strong as it reached $148.2 billion through June 25, 2012 from approximately $190 billion for the first half of 2011. It also...
- Bond Prices May Signal Slowdown. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;11/22/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p7
The article deals with indicators of the possible slow down of junk bond market which include secondary bond prices and an increase in primary market discounts.
- Go 'Belly Up' for High Yield Bond Returns? Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;10/14/2013, p16
The article assesses the impact on the U.S. bond market of the Federal Reserve's announcement in summer 2013 that it would reduce its bond buying program. The high yield bond market was hit by the announcement, but bonds with maturities of three to six years, or those in the "belly" of the...
- January Proves Active for HY New Issues. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;2/10/2014, p7
The article reports that January 2014 was an active month for high yield bonds on the primary market with junk bond new issues totaling 32.9 billion U.S. dollars, which was considered as the largest monthly total for activity since October 2013.
- Wave of Mergers Triggers Rise in Bond Issuance. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Mar2006, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p54
The article reports on the rise in large corporate bond issues to raise money as a result of the global increase in mergers and acquisitions in the finance industry. Issuance in the U.S. high-yield bond market rose in January 2006 according to Montpellier, Vermont-based KDP Investment Advisors...
- Consolidation of Illinois Conduit Issuers Leaves Many Guessing. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31742, p1
Reports on the implication for the consolidation of conduit issuers of bonds into the Illinois Finance Authority managed by the Illinois Office of Management and Budget. Review on the proposals submitted by firms to the authority; Options for borrowers with regard to working to which authority...
- No Rest for High Yield in Q3, Busy Q4 Likely. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;10/4/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p18
This article assesses the performance of the junk bond market in the U.S. in the third quarter of 2010. It expects demand for junk funds to continue to increase. However, it expresses concerns over the impact of volatility in the economy on the market. The article also predicts more mergers and...
- Let The Investor Pushback Begin. K. L. // High Yield Report;6/26/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on the deal between investors to fund the merger of Intelsat LLC and PanAmSAt Holding Corp through the issuance of $2.9 billion in high yield bonds. The deal is led by Deutsche Bank and is short of the promised $3.5 billion. However, several financial analysts criticize the...
- NN, Inc. Brings $300M HY Bonds to Market. Lewis, Jakema // High Yield Report;9/22/2015, p1
The company will use the proceeds from the eight-year bonds, along with a $525 million first-lien term loan and a $100 million revolver, to fund its acquisition of Precision Engineered Products Holdings.