The game's just getting started
- Staying on top? Leighton, Philip // European Chemical News;Sep2003 Supplement, p22
Examines the competitiveness of the European petrochemicals industry and the impact of recent merger and acquisition activity, as of September 2003. Requirements to maintain the cost competitiveness of domestic petrochemical companies; Types of merger and acquisition activity in the European...
- Consuming Competitors. Arena, Frank // Grounds Maintenance;Oct2002, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p16
Focuses on the advantage of buying profitable businesses in the U.S. Decrease in the number of business competitors; Increase in market share; Growth in corporate profits.
- Further Comment on the Social Benefits from an Effective Antimerger Policy. Mueller, Dennis C. // Review of Industrial Organization;Dec1997, Vol. 12 Issue 5/6, p701
The article presents comments on the social benefits from an effective antimerger policy. The author says in his study of the effects of mergers on the market shares of acquired firms, he found that an acquired member of the 1,000 largest companies of 1950 lost on average 82 percent of its...
- Guidance needed for merger rules to work. Joshua, Julian; von Hinten-Reed, Nils // PPI: Pulp & Paper International;Mar2003, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p5
Presents a viewpoint on the rules of the European Commission for the analysis of mergers and acquisitions in the pulp and paper industry. Calculation for the market share; Elimination of competition between the merging parties; Consideration for the pricing policy of the mergers.
- Collaboration, Competition, or Cannibalism? Houstle, Peter // Association Management;Jun2003, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p68
Focuses on the benefits of consolidating with profitable firms. Level of competitive advantage; Way of maximizing profits; Expansion of market shares in the industry.
- EUROPEAN CHEMICAL NEWS 20 YEARS AGO. // European Chemical News;10/3/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2165, p10
Reports on the planned merger of the petrochemical subsidiaries Alcudia, Calatrava and Paular of EMP in Spain in 1985. Decision of the Instituto Nacional de Hydrocarburos on the merger; Expected annual turnover of the merger; Implications of the merger for the Spanish petrochemical industry.
- Schulman to Expand Geographic Reach with ICO Purchase. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;12/7/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 29, p28
The article announces the agreement of Schulman to acquire specialty chemicals maker ICO for about 191 million U.S. dollars in cash and stock to expand its market share in the global rotomolding and masterbatch markets. ICO manufactures specialty chemicals such as resins and concentrates used in...
- Akzo Covers New Regions with ICI Acquisition. Phillips, Kate // Chemical Week;8/29/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 28, p27
The article reports on Akzo Nobel's planned purchase of ICI. According to analysts, key to the purchase of ICI are the strengthening of kits market share in the architectural paint sector and the further expansion of its geographical presence, especially in China. Under an exclusive agreement...
- Syngenta Technology to boost world food supplies. ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA // Chemical Week;8/19/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 20, p17
The article features the agrochemical company Syngenta AG. Topics discussed include history of the company, products offered by Syngenta, primary competitors of Syngenta and sales target of the company for 2020. Also discussed are the company's strategies to grow its North American market share,...