M&A in the USA
- M&A in the USA. Chang, Joseph; Boswell, Clay // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;4/23/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 16, p18
The article focuses on the move of Middle Eastern and Asian chemical companies to expand their presence in the U.S. market by engaging in merger and acquisition deals. Some of the companies considered as potential buyers of U.S.-based assets are Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC), Reliance...
- Let's make a deal! Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;4/23/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 16, p5
The author reflects on the merger and acquisition deals entered into by Middle Eastern and Asian chemical companies. According to the author, firms in these regions are acquiring firms in the U.S. Among these companies are the Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC) and India's Reliance. He asserts...
- Tianjin Refining and Petrochemical Complex Came on Commercial Production. // China Chemical Reporter;5/21/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p11
The article reports that Tianjin Refining and Petrochemical Complex, owned by Sinopec Corp. and Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC), held a special ceremony to start the commercial production of Tianjin refining and petrochemical integrated complex at New Binhai District in Tianjin, China.
- Sinopec and SABIC Join Hands in PC Plant. // China Chemical Reporter;6/6/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p8
The article focuses on the partnership between China Petroleum and Chemical Corporation (Sinopec Group) and Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) for the development of a new polycarbonate (PC) production plant in nothern China.
- SABIC and Sinopec link. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/19/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 11, Special section p15
The article reports that negotiations will start between SABIC and China's state-owned refiner Sinopec Corp., and Trinidad and Tobago on a proposed methanol complex in the Caribbean country.
- Sabic and Sinopec Begin Construction of Polycarbonate Plant in China. // Chemical Week;4/2/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 10, p23
Information is presented about Sabic and Sinopec companies joint venture, Sinopec Sabic Tianjin Petrochemical Co., and the construction of a polycarbonate facility at Tianjin, China.
- SABIC and Sinopec in MoU to collaborate on polycarbonate production in China. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Jun2011, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p61
The article reports on the memorandum of understanding (MOU) signed by Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC) and China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. (Sinopec Corp). to jointly produce polycarbonate in China.
- China Made Significant Gains in Buying Overseas Oil and Gas Assets in 2012. // China Chemical Reporter;3/6/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p7
The article reports that in 2012, China made profit in buying overseas gas and oil assets. About 70% of the value of overseas merger and acquisition (M&A) deals made by China's oil companies was in North America. China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. bought rights to an oilfield off the shore of...
- Sinopec Acquires Canadian Firm Daylight Energy. BEWLEY, LINDSEY // Chemical Week;10/17/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 25, p14
The article reports on the acquisition of Canadian oil and natural gas liquids producer Daylight Energy by Sinopec.