Canadian railway staff take action
- Second Canadian rail strike looms. Baumgarten, Stefan; Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;4/23/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 16, p5
The article reports that maintenance employees at Canadian Pacific Railway (CP) are threatening to begin a strike in April 2007. The author says that if the strike will take place, it will affect the company's operations and will worsen freight delays in the state which was primarily caused by...
- Strike Votes Taken For Railways. // Bar-Code Border;1/17/2011, Vol. 10 Issue 202, p6
The article offers information on the national strike deadlines of the Canadian National Railway Co. on January 25, 2010 and Canadian Pacific Railway Co. on February 8, 2010 which are the two big railway companies in Canada.
- Strike Two. Boyd, John D. // Traffic World;5/28/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 21, p25
The article reports that the supply chains are being rattled as the second major rail strike disrupts freight traffic in Canada in 2007. The chain's Teamster track maintenance crews strike the Canadian Pacific Railway Co. (CP), but for shippers and the Port of Vancouver it was all too similar to...
- Little freight service disruption in first week of CP strike; job actions expected to spread. // Traffic World;3/20/95, Vol. 241 Issue 12, p53
Reports on the strike by employees of CP Rail System of Canada. Strike's impact on the company's business operations; Reasons for the labor dispute.
- CN to STB: Keep Out. Wilner, Frank N. // Traffic World;9/18/2000, Vol. 263 Issue 12, p22
Reports that Canadian National (CN) Railway has accused rival Canadian Pacific Railway Co. of distorting facts about an international rail tunnel to gain leverage in private negotiations to purchase CN share of that tunnel. Claim that the U.S. Surface Transportation Board has no business...
- End of Lines. Binkley, Alex // Traffic World;5/17/99, Vol. 258 Issue 7, p32
No abstract available.
- How to buy a railroad. Binkley, Alex // Traffic World;11/04/96, Vol. 248 Issue 5, p18
Focuses on the guide published by the Railway Association of Canada on how to buy either the Canadian National and Canadian Pacific railroads. Features of the growing interest by American and Canadian investors concerning the two lines; Features of the guide; Tips on operating a shortline.
- CP Bids for Tunnel. Binkley, Alex // Traffic World;11/9/98, Vol. 256 Issue 6, p40
Focuses on the plea of the Canadian Pacific Railway for the Canadian National Railway (CN) to sell its stake in Detroit River Tunnel in Ottawa, Ontario. Merger of CN and Illinois Central; Impact of the merger on automobiles; Increase of the capacity of Detroit River Tunnel.
- In Canada, finis for 40-footers. McDonnell, Greg // Trains;Apr97, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p17
Reports on the decision of Canadian National (CN) Railway Co. and Canadian Pacific (CP) Railway Co. to abandon boxcar operations in 1997. Official abandonment of CP's remaining box car lines in Manitoba and Saskatchewan; Description of the cargo of the last loaded `Buffalo' cars of CN.