India makes new law
- Toast the good times. Todd, Martin // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;3/19/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 11, p34
The article deals with the performance of the European petrochemical and plastics industries. Although commodity polymer prices continue to increase and integrated margins remain healthy, some analysts believe that the industries' success will be coming to an end. Relationships with the...
- Middle East is poised to dominate oil and natural gas markets globally. Hoffman, John // Chemical Market Reporter;5/9/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 19, p38
Reports on the dominance of the Middle East in the petrochemicals and plastics industries due to the abundance of oil and natural gas. Plan of Saudi Arabia to increase the production of major polymers and their feedstocks; Presence of large, proven reserves of hydrocarbons, access to technology...
- Competition only grows. GALIE', FABRIZIO // ICIS Chemical Business;3/26/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 12, p30
The article discusses the competitions and challenges in the world plastics market. It mentions that polymer consumption throughout the world is expected to increase to 214 million tonnes by 2015 with increase in price-to-earnings accounting for the largest share. Industrial prospects of China,...
- Flexible intermediate bulk container - Indian players to benefit from changing preferences. Patel, Kalpesh; Patel, Ujjwal // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Oct2014, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p45
The article elaborates on the steady growth of India's flexible intermediate bulk container (FIBC) industry from 2000 to 2014. Topics covered include the consistent increase in the production capacity of domestic producers of FIBC, the growth in the exports of FIBC and other packaging materials,...
- LANXESS Sets-up New Production Facility for Iron Oxide Red Inorganic Pigments in Ningbo. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Oct2014, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p80
The article reports on specialty chemicals company Lanxess' construction of a production facility for iron oxide (IO) red inorganic pigments in Ningbo, China. Topics covered include the features of the industrial location of the facility, the potential customers for IO pigments, and the...
- Polymers go full circle. Bryan, Cindy; Zalazar, Nancy; Harriman, Stephen // Chemical Market Reporter;3/25/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 12, Special section p42
Reports on the performance of the polymers segment in the petrochemical industry in 2001. Prices of polyethylene; Supply of polystyrene; Factors that influence the poly vinyl chloride market.
- POLYMERS: IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;4/11/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 13, p16
The article offers news briefs related to the polymer industry including one on European recycled polyethylene (R-PET) prices, demand for styrene butadiene rubber (SBR) in the U.S., and Saudi Arabian polymers firm SABIC.
- PIPE, PROFILE & TUBING EXTRUDERS. Derosa, Angie; Bregar, Bill; Keller, Hollee; Copeland, Connie // Plastics News;12/27/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p35
This article presents a list of processor rankings related to the plastics industry and trade of the U.S. Some of the companies included are Royal Group Technologies Ltd., Formosa Plastics Corp., Jancor Cos. Inc., Advanced Drainage Systems Inc., Chevron Phillips Chemical Co. LLC, etc.
- Midwinter rally in polymers bodes well for petrochemicals. Morris, Gregory D.L.; Freedman, William // Chemical Week;3/6/96, Vol. 158 Issue 9, p8
Reports on forecasts on polymer markets and other petrochemical markets for 1996. Signs of sales recovery in Europe; Expected moderate growth in volumes and margins; Stock price forecasts.