IMF doubts GCC currency union
- 40 Years On. McDonald, Ian S. // Finance & Development;Jun2004, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p47
Focuses on the 40th anniversary of the journal "Finance &Development." Influence of the late Frank J. Southard, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) Deputy Managing Director on the establishment of the publication; Involvement of the IMF in rebuilding the international monetary system after the...
- Why not delay? Curtis, Brownwyn // International Economy;May/June97, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p22
Opinion. Discusses the prospect of an economic and monetary union (EMU) within the European Union with reference to the International Monetary Fund's (IMF) release of its World Economic Outlook document. IMF's choice of truth over political expediency; How suitability of EMU candidates will be...
- Indonesian clove market board axed as part of IMF relief plan. Floreno, Anthony // Chemical Market Reporter;02/02/98, Vol. 253 Issue 5, p24
Focuses on Indonesian President Suharto's signing of a document allowing the International Monetary Fund to restore confidence in the rupiah currency and the economy. Full deregulation of domestic trade in all agricultural products; Elimination of the Clove Marketing Board by June 1998.
- Economic Structure and Context: Monetary System. // Kenya Country Monitor;Jun2012, p17
The article reveals that Kenya has pursued a conservative monetary policy focused on keeping inflation and interest rates low, according to the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- Republicans set to rubber stamp $18-billion IMF bailout. Moore, Stephen // Human Events;03/20/98, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p8
Focuses on the decision of the Republican Congress toward Bill Clinton's request for $18-billion infusion of taxpayer dollars into the Internal Monetary Fund (IMF). Various comments about IMF bailout for Asia; Corporate lobbyists for IMF funding; International relationship of US.
- From grandmotherliness to governance. James, Harold // Finance & Development;Dec98, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p44
Focuses on the evolution of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) conditionality. Policy requirements of IMF on its program lending; League of Nations programs for Hungary and Austria; Guidelines on conditionality; Elaboration of additional details; Changing role of IMF; Governance issues.
- Replacing the International Monetary System? Amin, Samir // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;Oct93, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p1
Discusses alternatives to the International Monetary Fund (IMF). Return to the gold standard; Creation of a world central bank; Creation of an international currency managed by the international community; Polycentric regionalization; Events that led to the creation of the IMF; Flaws in the...
- BRICS Flay West Over IMF Reform, Monetary Policy. KUMAR SINGH, RAJESH // News India Times;04/06/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 14, p16
The article reports on the urge of the leaders of the Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) group for the Western powers to give more voting rights at the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and flayed the monetary policies in 2012.
- The implications of EMU for IMF surveillance. Deppler, Michael C. // Finance & Development;Dec98, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p2
Focuses on the implications of the European Economic and Monetary Union on International Monetary Fund surveillance. Important milestone for the European Union and the international monetary system; Monitoring of economic policies and development in member countries; Adaption of the IMF's...