EUROPE RULES EASE THE WAY FOR TIRED DRIVERS
- Cefic Warns Commission that Reach will Cause 'Chaos and Collapse.' // Chemical Week;7/16/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 25, p4
Reports on a 300-page critique of the European Union's draft chemical policy submitted by Cefic to the European Commission. Views of Cefic on the scope of the policy; Possible effect of the policy on the chemical industry.
- EU sanctions no match for Iran's tricks. LIPHSHIZ, CNAAN // New Jersey Jewish News;11/15/2012, Vol. 66 Issue 46, p29
The article offers information on the plans of European Union (EU) to prohibit some of the transactions between European companies and Iranian banks. It mentions that the EU restricted the areas of trade, that limits the revenue used by the Iran for nuclear programs. It states that the EU...
- GPCA Challenges Antidumping Charges. // Chemical Week;11/23/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 28, ps3
The article reports on the response of the Gulf Petrochemicals and Chemicals Association (GPCA) to the anti-dumping procedures launched by China, India and the European Union (EU) against exports from the Gulf region. GPCA cites concerns about the potential impact of the antidumping measures on...
- Tight PP market waits for upstream. Naylor, Linda // ICIS Chemical Business;6/2/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 21, p10
The article discusses the tightness of the polypropylene (PP) supply on demand in Europe in May 2014.
- EC Questions Pipeline Funding Request. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/29/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 10, p6
Presents the reaction of the European Union European Commission on the state aid request made by the European Pipeline Development Co.
- Staying alive. Westervelt, Rob // Chemical Week;9/22/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 24, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various topics within the issue including Europe's petrochemical industry, information on European Petrochemical Association meeting from October 4 to 8, 2014 in Vienna, Austria and the increasing supply of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG).
- Developments in carbon accounting European initiatives and Canadian responses. Ion, Peter // CMA Management;Mar2008, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p53
The article presents developments on the global carbon-based trading system. Australia has put in place the foundations of an exchange with minimum trading volume while the European Union trading system has created its own leading example of an operational system. Quebec is the first province in...
- Germany makes plans for EU presidency. Chynoweth, Emma; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;1/8/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 48, p4
This article states that German politicians know they have to drive a steady course to maintain progress in a number of key areas as Germany takes over the European Union presidency. For business, and the chemical industry in particular, the German presidency could make advances on energy,...
- Does sunset for DEHP bring dawn of new general-purpose plasticizers? WEEKS, HELEN // Chemical Week;3/23/2015, Vol. 177 Issue 9, p31
The article offers information on the implications of the Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of Chemicals (Reach) program on the di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP) of the European Union (EU). It states that the Reach program resulted to the removal of DEHP in the production process...