5-MINUTE PROJECT WATCH
- Markets & economics. // Chemical Week;3/3/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 8, p31
Presents an update on chemical companies in March 1999. Decline in European chlorine production in 1998; Soda ash production in the United States in 1998; Production capacity of Oxeno Olefinchemie's syngas unit in Marl, Germany.
- Markets & economics. // Chemical Week;3/10/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 9, p30
Presents an update on the chemical industry in March 1999. Public apology made by Huntsman company regarding the problems associated with the restart of olefins plant in Odessa, Texas; Styrene's spot prices in Europe; Reopening of Oxeno Olefinchemie's isononyl alcohol plant in Marl, Germany.
- Indorama picks Invista as technology licensor for Thai PTA. // Asian Chemical News;10/13/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 420, p22
Reports on the selection of Invista by Indorama Group as the technology licensor for its purified terephthalic acid (PTA) project in Mab Ta Phut, Thailand. Planned capacity for the project; Efforts of Indorama to seek financial deal for the project; Plan of the company to sell the PTA to the...
- Degussa-Huls Unit To Raise INA Capacity. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;04/10/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 15, p8
Reports that Oxeno Olefinchemie plans to increase its annual isononanol capacity in Europe. Details on the percentage of the planned capacity increase; Impact of the growth on the demand for the plasticizer diisononyl phthalate to its isononanol capacity.
- 5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/25/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 36, p7
This article presents news briefs on the chemicals industry worldwide. Thai producer Indorama Polymers expects its new polyethylene terephthalate plant at Klaipeda, Lithuania, to begin commercial output soon. Russia plans to raise its petrochemical products export duty on olefins and aromatics...
- 5-MINUTE PROJECT WATCH. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/25/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 36, p8
This article presents updates on projects in the chemical industry worldwide. Reliance Industries of India plans to double its ethylene capacity or its proposed naphtha cracker plants. Thailand's Indorama Polymers will conduct a feasibility study on a polyethylene terephthalate plant in North...
- business & finance news. // Chemical Week;4/7/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 11, p15
This section offers news briefs on the chemical industry. Eastman Chemical has completed the divestment of its European polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and purified terephthalic acid (PTA) assets to Indorama Polymers. LyondellBasell Industries has completed the acquisition of Shell's refinery...
- La Seda and Indorama Drive PTA-PET Consolidation in Europe. Young, Ian; Bryner, Michelle // Chemical Week;1/7/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 1, p15
The article reports on two acquisitions in the purified terephthalic acid (PTA) and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) industries in Europe. La Seda de Barcelona agreed to acquire PTA producer Chemical Intercontinental from CompaÃ±Ãa EspaÃ±ola de PetrÃ³leos in a deal that values...
- Eyes on Fujian C4s. // Asian Chemical News;4/14/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 397, p19
Reports on the plans of Oxeno Olefinchimie and Zeon companies to invest in the construction of a butadiene-extraction unit and derivatives plants in Fujian, China. Supplier of chemicals for the plants; Details on units for construction; Chemical derivatives proposed for production.