India plunges into pharmaceuticals R&D
- Supply Chain. Kager, Patrick; Mozeson, Mark // Pharmaceutical Executive;Jun2000, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p84
Explains the complacency of pharmaceutical companies about their supply chain. Operating efficiency of pharmaceutical supply chains; Details on the centralization of supply chain management; Investments made by pharmaceutical companies in technology. INSET: Pricing Pressures.
- R&D Outsourcing That Works. Malek, Jan // Pharmaceutical Executive;Mar2000, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p70
Provides a framework that will enable pharmaceutical companies and contract research organizations to create stronger outsourcing relationship. Themes of dissatisfaction among companies; Importance of understanding the evolution of research and development outsourcing; Characteristics of...
- Three Challenges. Nicholas, Judith A.; Squires, Douglas J.; Lennox, R. Ian // Pharmaceutical Executive;Jun2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p96
Presents the challenges facing contract research organizations (CRO). Increase in outsourcing since 1997; Information on how CRO can help increase productivity; Strategies needed by CRO to help customers adapt and profit from changes.
- Outsourcing still the way forward. Madden-Smith, Claire // Pharmaceutical Technology Europe;Mar2008, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p58
The article discusses the advantages of outsourcing for companies in the biotechnology industries. It states that outsourcing can help pharmaceutical companies avoid or suspend significant capital investments in research and development (R&D). Moreover, it says that outsourcing to a specialized...
- Pharm It Out. // Pharmaceutical Executive;Apr2005, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p32
Reports on the practice of outsourcing manufacturing and research among pharmaceutical industry in the U.S. Growth rate of the contract manufacturing of over-the-counter drugs; Increase in the demand for pharmaceuticals; Implementation of cost-cutting initiatives.
- Outsourcing Winners in 2014. Langer, Eric // Pharmaceutical Technology;Nov2010, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p112
The article focuses on the outsourcing in the biopharmaceutical industry in China and India which is considered as a strategic safety valve by some companies. It states that start-up contract manufacturing organizations in China are not growing as aggressively as predicted prior to the...
- Animal Tester. Pocha, Jehangir S. // Forbes Asia;10/30/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 18, p24
The article focuses on the ability of Bridge Pharmaceuticals Corp. to help U.S. pharmaceutical companies outsource laboratory work to China in 2006. Bridge Pharmaceuticals, which is headed by CEO Glenn Rice, is a contract research organization in San Francisco Bay Area, California. According to...
- Pharmaceutical Analytical Testing. Coker, Victor // Pharmaceutical Processing;Nov2011, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p22
The article discusses the issues concerning contract research organization (CRO) and contract manufacturing organization (CMO) in the pharmaceutical industries in the U.S. It mentions that contract manufacturers and researchers are increasingly adopting to global regulatory standards, which will...
- Riding the R&D recession wave. Brooks, Kristin // Contract Pharma;Jun2010, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p56
The article focuses on the effect of the recession to Contract Research Organizations (CROs) of pharmaceutical industry. It states that the recession encourage the pharmaceutical industry to outsource more. CROs play major role in providing its sponsors with outsourcing and drug development...