5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH
- BASIC CHEMICALS & PLASTICS. // Chemical Week;8/30/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 20, p37
This section offers news briefs in the basic chemicals and plastics sectors, including the start of operations at LyondellBasell's high density polyethylene (HDPE) plant in MÃ¼nchsmÃ¼nster, Germany, the startup of Shenhua Coal Baotou Coal Chemicals' polypropylene (PP) plant in Inner...
- SBR makers see more price rises. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;8/8/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 502, p19
Predicts that the prices of styrene butadiene rubber (SBR) will continue to increase during the last half of 2005 according to Asian producers and traders. Overview of the price increase in the SBR market in China; Factors which contributed to the price increase as of August 2005; Move of...
- Commodities in brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/26/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 10, p21
Reports developments related to chemical industry in the U.S. Rise in benzene prices as crude oil price increase due to potential aftermath of Hurricane Rita; Building of several ethanol plants and two major expansions; Increase in Asian contract prices by three major producers of ethylene glycol.
- basic chemical & plastics. // Chemical Week;3/15/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 9, p28
The article presents news briefs related to the chemical industry in the U.S. as of March 2006. Huntsman selected its site in Geismar, Louisiana site to build a previously announced 100-million pounds per year maleic anhydride facility. Sun Capital acquired Performance Fibers from Honeywell....
- 5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/26/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 59, p8
The article offers world news briefs related to the chemical industry. BASF inaugurated its 8,000 tons per year polyisocyanate plant at the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park in Caojing, China. Bayer MaterialScience is increasing prices of hydroxyacrylates and saturated and unsaturated I polyesters...
- basic chemicals & plastics. // Chemical Week;7/14/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 23, p26
Presents updates on the basic chemicals and plastic industry in the U.S. and Europe as of July 14, 2004. Expansion of the chemical plants of ExxonMobil Chemical Co. at Panya, China and Jurong, Singapore; Production of the metallocene polypropylene (PP) of Basell at a Spheripol-process PP plant...
- Sodium Chlorate Prices Rise As Market Tightens. Hunt, Joel // Chemical Market Reporter;6/28/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 26, p12
Reports on the tightening of the sodium chlorate market in North America in 2004. Price increases; Pressure on margins and potential plant idlings due to high energy costs; Nexen Chemicals' increase of prices for sodium chlorate; Demand for sodium chlorate.
- C2 market diverges. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;4/18/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 487, p26
Presents an update on bulk chemical prices in the Asian market as of April 2005. Comparison of ethylene prices in Northeast Asia and Southeast Asia; Reaction of consumers to butadiene price increase; Impact of the outage of Kaltim Methanol Industri's plant in Indonesia on methanol prices.
- ACN rising on Asia demand and scheduled shutdowns. YAN, HELEN; BOSWELL, CLAY; Parmar, Amandeep; Busch, Wesley // ICIS Chemical Business;3/5/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 9, p22
The article informs that Asian spot prices for acrylonitrile (ACN) has slightly decreased in February 2012, but it has been speculated that rise in deamnd and tighten supply could again increase its price. According to industry sources, closure of regional ACN facilities in China, Japan and...