CABLE, FILM SHOULD DRIVE NEWS IN 2007
- JESSICA REIF COHEN. Egan, Jack // Daily Variety;7/29/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 19, pA6
Profiles Jessica Reif Cohen, first vice president of Merrill Lynch Securities Research. Career history; Achievements; Job responsibilities; Plans for the company.
- Merrill's Media Maven. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p26A
Profiles Jessica Reif Cohen, media analyst of U.S.-based Merrill Lynch & Co. Family and educational background; Career highlights; Her professional achievements that made an impact on the cable television industry.
- ML not bullish on upfronts. Gough, Paul J. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/20/2006, Vol. 394 Issue 46, p4
The article reports that Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. analyst Jessica Reif Cohen has predicted that there will be a drop of 1% in total dollars committed to the next television season. She previously said that the six-network upfront market would be flat but said its slow pace and advertisers'...
- 58 JESSICA REIF COHEN. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;Dec2006 Women in Entertainment, p74
The article presents the personal and professional profile of Jessica Reif Cohen, managing director, Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. An M.B.A in finance and international business, Cohen spends about 50% of her time traveling in the U.S., Europe, China and India, sometimes for clients and other times...
- TIP SHEET. // Multichannel News;10/2/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 39, p40
The article focuses on the buy rating of Reif Cohen, Merrill Lynch & Co. media analyst, on News Corp.'s stock in the U.S. Cohen cites that she expects the operating income growth of the company to be about 2 percent in the first quarter versus its past growth of 33 percent which is due to timing...
- BUSINESS & FINANCE. // CableFAX Daily;12/21/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 246, p3
The article focuses on the failure of Merrill Lynch analyst Jessica Reif Cohen to take into account the long-standing reinvestment model of cable television network Discovery in determining the growth of the firm for 2005.
- Upfront and center. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/25/2004, Vol. 384 Issue 2, p13
Wall Street saw few surprises in last week's up-front presentations from the big broadcast networks. At the end of a long week, analysis still predicted Viacom Inc.'s CBS would be the biggest winner in its up-front intake, with Disney's ABC expected to lag its peers' gains. That said, several...
- Morgan Stanley Cuts Estimates on Merrill. RIEKER, MATTHIAS // American Banker;12/26/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 246, p20
Reports that a Morgan Stanley analyst Henry McVey has deducted the Merrill Lynch & Co.'s earning estimates for the fourth quarter of 2002. Reasons behind the deductions; Affirmation of ratings for U.S. securities firms by Moody's Investor Service Inc.; Grades assigned to the companies.
- Murdoch strives to revive. Ferguson, Adele // BRW;5/11/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p12
The article discusses on the efforts of Rupert Murdoch, principal of News Corp. who relocated the company from Australia to Delaware, to buyback the company's stock shares. An analyst Jessica Reif Cohen of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. cited that the company will continue reacquiring stocks until...