DirecTV Deal Is at the FCC
- FCC Wants DirecTV Data. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;6/25/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p27
The article reports that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is asking for more information regarding the deal to transfer News Corp.'s large minority stake in DirecTV to Liberty Media. The FCC requested access to undisclosed side agreements between News and Liberty related to regional...
- DirecTV to get $160 million for divestiture of Puerto Rico operations. Pacheco, Dennis Costa // Caribbean Business;3/20/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p7
The article reports on the plan of satellite television provider DirecTV Group Inc. (DTG) to divest its operations in Puerto Rico for $160 million. The transaction would cap an acquisition process when Liberty Media Corp. agreed to acquire News Corp.'s 35.5% stake in DTG. Regulatory objections...
- DirecTV OK May Be Soon. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;2/11/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p8
The article reports on the proposal by U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Kevin Martin to approve Liberty Media's request to acquire about 40% of DirecTV from News Corp. He cited FCC's plans to go ahead with the approval without necessarily waiting for the Justice Department...
- FCC review to delay News-DirecTV pact. Crabtree, Susan // Daily Variety;10/13/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 6, p10
Reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission has delayed the approval of the acquisition deal between News Corp. and DirecTV Inc. in the U.S. Cost of the deal; Reason for the delay of the approval; Importance of the FCC approval.
- FCC letter spells out News/DirecTV issues. Crabtree, Susan; Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;7/10/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 4, p6
Presents an update on the merger of DirecTV and News Corp. as of July 10, 2003. U.S. Federal Communications Commission's request for more information from News Corp. on how it will safeguard the independence of DirecTV if the merger goes through; Criteria for the selection of independent directors.
- DirecTV merger nears approval. Boliek, Brooks // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/18/2003, Vol. 381 Issue 18, p8
In an indication that the FCC is getting closer to approving News Corp.'s $6.6 billion merger with DirecTV Inc., the commission notified these companies Monday that it has restarted its merger review clock, as of November 18, 2003. The merger review clock is a mechanism the commission uses to...
- N.D. TV Stations Scuffle With DirecTV. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;8/27/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 34, p24
The article reports that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is reviewing the agreement in which John Malone's Liberty Media will swap its 19 percent voting stake in News Corp. for cash and that company's 38.5 percent interest in DirecTV. The deal is expected to close in 2007. The FCC...
- FCC putting holiday wrap on DirecTV merger deal. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;12/4/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 43, p6
Reports on the decision of the Federal Communications Commission in the merger deal between News Corp. and DirecTV. Terms and conditions given by the FCC; Impact of the move on the cable industry; Response of the consumers to the decision.
- News-Hughes Clock Stops. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p2
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to put on temporary hold the proposed takeover of DirecTV Inc. parent company Hughes Electronics Corp. by News Corp. Reasons of the FCC; Percentage control stake in Hughes that News Corp. wants to acquire; Amount that...