A Privately Proud Pair
- Pay TV cease-fire in sight. Edmunds, Marlene // Variety;10/14/96, Vol. 364 Issue 11, p52
Reports on developments related to pay TV in Scandinavia as of October 14, 1996. Region-based pay TV channels TV1000 and FilmNet's efforts to establish a joint venture; Background on the channels' business operations.
- Sports leagues playing the pay-per-view game. May, Rebecca // Electronic Media;10/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p12
Reports the expansion of program offerings of iN Demand, the cable television leading pay-per-view network in the United States. Lists of out-of-market sports offerings; Previews of service; Highlights of the programs offered.
- More subs for IFC. J.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/29/96, Vol. 126 Issue 19, p90
Reports that Independent Film Channel has increased its subscription by signing agreement with Cox Communications to carry IFC programs from July 1, 1996. Value of deal; Inclusion of `Animation Celebration: The Best of the International Tournee of Animation' in IFC's programming; Hosting of...
- Channel 4 stumps up. // Sight & Sound;Dec98, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p37
Reports on the launching of FilmFour, a subscription film channel which will be premiered on cable, satellite and on Channel 4 in Great Britain. Speculation on the decision by the England and Wales Cricket Board to spin off; Features of the FilmFour; Influence of FilmFour on Britain's cinematic...
- This Just In. // Multichannel News;07/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p2
Reports on developments related to the subscription television industry in the United States as of July 31, 2000. Bankruptcy proceedings of cable television network America's Voice.
- Study: TV Guide Viewers Order More PPV Titles. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;12/10/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p12
Reports the number of reservation of pay-per-view (PPV) titles by digital-cable subscribers with access to TV Guide Channel in the United States. Benefits of programming designed for market PPV titles on PPV buys; Details on the analysis of PPV buys; Convenience of impulse PPV ordering and TV...
- HBO expanding in central Europe. Guider, Elizabeth // Variety;01/05/98, Vol. 369 Issue 8, p50
Announces Home Box Office's (HBO) launching of a pay movie channel to cable subscribers in Romania beginning January 1998.
- PPV uptake in Italy continues to grow. Vivarelli, Nick // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;03/07/2000, Vol. 362 Issue 4, p99
Reports on the growth of the pay-per-view (PPV) television in Italy. Total subscribers to dominant Italian pay television operator Telepiu's digital service who linked up with its PPV service; Top movies being requested on Telepiu; User rate of rival upstart service, Stream.
- HBO IS CABLE OPERATORS' FAVE IN ASIA. Nag, Ashoke // Variety;2/4/2002, Vol. 385 Issue 11, p31
Reports on the dominance of pay television channel Home Box Office in Asia. Competitors of Home Box Office.