WARNING VOICES IN A POLICY VACUUM: PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTS OF GAY MEN'S HEALTH IN AOTEAROA NEW ZEALAND
- TIDE IS HIGH. Keating, Shay // Gay Community News;Apr2009, Issue 232, p32
The article focuses on the study on how to identify and treat syphilis disease in Ireland. The study is designed in response to the awareness campaign of the Gay Men's Health Service. The study reveals that the said disease has no basic symptoms or clinical signs. Researcher assures that the...
- STIGMA UNDERLIES NEW HIV INFECTION SAYS MINISTER. // Gay Community News;Jan2013, Issue 277, p6
The article offers information on the launch of the "Translating Man2Man" exhibition as part of the Man2Man campaign of Great Britain to promote gay men's health.
- gay bowel syndrome:. Huber, Jeffrey T.; Gillaspy, Mary L. // Encyclopedic Dictionary of AIDS-Related Terminology;2000, p96
The article presents an encyclopedia entry for gay bowel syndrome. It refers to a constellation of intestinal diseases in gay men. Other conditions accompanying the syndrome are proctitis, proctocolitis and enteritis. It is used mostly during the 1970s when enteric diseases within the gay...
- scene a. Tivoli // ScotsGay Magazine;Aug2005, Issue 65, p6
Presents an update on issues concerning the gay community in Aberdeen, Scotland as of August 2005. Relocation of Wellman's Health Suite; Reason behind the closure of Lunch Club for lesbians; Information on the Grampian Gender Group, a support/help group for trans-people.
- Jumping through hoops. Payne, Drew // Nursing Standard;2/7/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p64
The article examines the several obstacles faced by gay men in gaining access to health care in Great Britain. One person revealed that their health needs are blamed on their sexuality. Another explained that health information for gay men has been emphasized on sexual health. One gay also...
- Behind the mask: Asian gay men and challenges in HIV health promotion. // HIV Australia;2011, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p20
In this article the author discusses challenges in HIV prevention among Asian gay men. It states that stigma related to discussing HIV is compounded by the fact that HIV or health promotion initiatives which target perceived health inequality within the community can foster sense of...
- Health inequalities exist for MSM. // Independent Nurse;2/16/2015, p8
No abstract available.
- FROM THE INBOX: LETTERS. Reif, Christopher // Minnesota Medicine;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 99 Issue 1, p5
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the tips for promoting health equity in Minnesota such as preparation to stay present with the patients and appreciation for the struggle of most people who experience health disparities.
- SUICIDE STATISTICS FOR MEN PEAKS TO AN ALARMING NEW HEIGHT. // Australian Nursing & Midwifery Journal;Nov2016, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p42
The article reports on the rise in men's suicides in Australia as per statistical data from ABS with topics including suicide rates amongst Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men, beyond blue advocacy group's call for a dialogue on national suicide rate as well as the #ItsOkayToTalk campaign.