THE 2004 NEW ZEALAND LIVING STANDARDS SURVEY: WHAT DOES IT SIGNAL ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF MULTIPLE DISADVANTAGE?
- FOR THE GOVERNORS OF TOMORROW: A "DEMOCRACY AUDIT" OF THE POLICY PROCESS. Wallace, Derek // Social Policy Journal of New Zealand;Mar2007, Issue 30, p94
Work by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) on â€˜governanceâ€™ has provided criteria by which an assessment can be made of the democratic quality of any instance of policy development. I begin by briefly introducing this framework, and then apply it to a...
- Work and Income enhances case management system. // Human Resources Magazine;Jun/Jul2006, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p7
The article provides information on the Work and Income case management system of the New Zealand Ministry of Social Development. Its services include a pre-assessment of a person's needs and work readiness, seminars that offer information on local labor market conditions and income support...
- ON MESSAGE: IT'S OK TO HELP. // Public Sector;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p12
The article offers information on the anti-family violence campaign "It's OK to Help" by Ministry of Social Development. It mentions that family violence is a significant social problem in New Zealand and the campaign took action against the violence and achieved the Institute of Public...
- The good, the bad and the ugly. EDLIN, BOB // New Zealand Management;Jun2011, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p19
The article discusses the results of a study by the Ministry of Social Development which showed trends in inequality, incomes and poverty in New Zealand in 2010. The study indicated that income inequality rose from 1982 to 2004 but dropped during the succeeding years as a result of the Working...
- Surprise change in direction for MSD. // New Zealand Doctor;6/5/2013, p4
The article reports on the addition of vaccine management to the responsibilities of the New Zealand Ministry of Social Development in 2013.
- No further funding for alcohol counsellor. // New Zealand Doctor;8/10/2011, p18
The article reveals that the New Zealand Ministry of Social Development has ceased funding for the Whanganui Regional Public Health Office (PHO).
- Benefit numbers puzzling reading. Ratcliffe, Lucy // New Zealand Doctor;11/21/2007, p10
The article reports about the increasing number of beneficiaries, both sickness and invalid, in New Zealand. Social development and employment minister, Ruth Dyson, agrees that the numbers are on the rise but says that the growth is slowing down. As of the last tally of the Ministry of Social...
- Independent security review. // Public Sector;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p13
The article reports that the Ministry of Social Development (MSD) of New Zealand is planning to conduct an independent review into the MSD's physical security environment and reviewers will comprised of National Secretary Glenn Barclay and Graham Maloney of Department of Human Services, Australia.
- EEO trust work & life awards 2010. Reed, Philippa // Human Resources Magazine;Dec2010/Jan2011, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p28
The article offers information on parenting workshop for the staff of North Island Distribution Center of The Warehouse Group. The New Zealand Ministry of Social Development offered the Strategies for Kids, Information for Parents (SKIP) programme to help employees in balancing work with their...